• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osborne back from India tail between his legs

George Osborne has the temerity to argue in favour of Vodafone’s tax abuse in India – and loses » Tax Research UK

I can see the conversation now:

Osborne - Gauke -> wtf was that all about. How did this happen

Gauke - I voted against it, never wanted the legislation. Felt it was always unjust and wrong.

Osborne - so wtf dont you do something about it now - ya tulip

Comment

Originally posted by stuffed View Post
      George Osborne has the temerity to argue in favour of Vodafone’s tax abuse in India – and loses » Tax Research UK

Gauke - I voted against it, never wanted the legislation. Felt it was always unjust and wrong.

thats brilliant, did Mukherjee actually used our case to tell Osborne to f**off... I wonder if its ever actually come to his attention before

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
        Any idea how many of us have one of these as our local MP? Guessing there might not be too many in Caithness or Dundee, but you never know.

Letter sent to my MP David Ruffley (who it seems is on the treasury Committee)

I have written to him a couple of times before on this matter, the last back in 2009.

I've also asked for a face to face.
        Last edited by Cugel; 5 April 2012, 11:12. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

I expect so

Originally posted by p4nd4b34r View Post
          thats brilliant, did Mukherjee actually used our case to tell Osborne to f**off... I wonder if its ever actually come to his attention before
          Obviously someone has advised them on the matter, and I expect given our case is so closely aligned to exactly what they are doing to vodafone then it makes a perfect analogy for the Indian Government.

Possibly they did a quick google about UK retrospective tax and were met with our forum and the picture of a donkey.

In addition the Indian press picked up on it. Obviously not in as much detail as the previous tax article, but I suspect for this guy to quote like this, then it is almost certain that our case was bought up by the Indian government.

Government acts smart for once : North News - India Today

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
            Letter sent my MP David Ruffley (who it seems is on the treasury Committee)

I have written to him a couple of times before on this matter, the last back in 2009.

I've also asked for a face to face.
            Great stuff.

Might I suggest legally adopting DR and TSBT for the week so they can legitimately tag along as family members too?

Comment

My MP - Contact made - awaiting face-to-face

Donkey

I cant access your form from work, but please put me down as follows:

In conversations with Sarah Teather, MP Brent.
              Have asked for a face to face and sent numerous tidbits about our plight via post and email.
              Primarily dealing with her head of Office - Omar Deedat

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                Great stuff.

Might I suggest legally adopting DR and TSBT for the week so they can legitimately tag along as family members too?
                Fine by me, I'm also willing to wear a wire and be fed lines via a hidden ear piece.

Comment

What a Pita

Originally posted by stuffed View Post

So he tried to curry favour and the Indians told the big chief that his suggestion had made them mad-ras and he should not bhaji in and to tikka running jump!

Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                    Fine by me, I'm also willing to wear a wire and be fed lines via a hidden ear piece.

Ah ha! So that's how the case for BN66 was made in Parliament in 2008...

Comment

Letter of Acknowledgement fro MP received

Just received a letter from local MP who has now written to the Treassury with regard to my letter and follow up email. I have requested face to face and await response on that

Comment

Working...
                      X