• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Court of Appeal and beyond

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swede View Post
    Any idea how many of us have one of these as our local MP? Guessing there might not be too many in Caithness or Dundee, but you never know.

No way of knowing at the moment.

The UK is currently divided into 650 parliamentary constituencies, each of which is represented by one MP in the House of Commons. Although constituencies vary widely in area, the average number of voters in each constituency is approximately 68,175.

Constituency breakdown

There are currently 533 constituencies in England, 59 in Scotland, 40 in Wales and 18 in Northern Ireland.

There is no telling where these schemes where sold. Its a good guess to say every M P has one and some have up to ten people affected by this problem.

As time runs on I suspect we will get a better picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Ooops View Post
      As a eye opener is there any downside to sending a general letter to all 650 mp's? Or is it better to keep this personal?
      NO spam is cheap. They have to get the real human story from individuals

Comment

never too late

Originally posted by foolishboy View Post
        ...that I have done so little so far.

Having foolishly believed (hence the moniker) that our plight would result in a successful conclusion in the SC, and that justice would prevail, I now feel resolved, after several depressing weeks, to a more personal involvement in the fight to see that the truth is outed.

I have spent the last 4 days reading every single post of this thread and will spend the weekend formulating all the info I have gathered into a sound argument to present to my MP at the earliest opportunity. (Jeremy Hunt)

I apologise for lurking only up until now but want to sincerely thank all of you and DR especially for rousing me from my slumber and instilling a very strong desire in me to fight this all the way to the end.

FB
        welcome to the group. before my meeting with local MP I went through all the detail and prepared a large pack, he wasn't really intersted in the detail, he wasn't surprised JK had misled parliament. I would stick the the summary, and explain the personal side of this. When I started the scheme it was because of uncertanty of IR35, would have been happy to continue as a Ltd company if it wasn't for IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by foolishboy View Post
          ...that I have done so little so far.

Having foolishly believed (hence the moniker) that our plight would result in a successful conclusion in the SC, and that justice would prevail, I now feel resolved, after several depressing weeks, to a more personal involvement in the fight to see that the truth is outed.

I have spent the last 4 days reading every single post of this thread and will spend the weekend formulating all the info I have gathered into a sound argument to present to my MP at the earliest opportunity. (Jeremy Hunt)

I apologise for lurking only up until now but want to sincerely thank all of you and DR especially for rousing me from my slumber and instilling a very strong desire in me to fight this all the way to the end.

FB
          Well done FB for "coming out" so to speak.

Now, is there anyone else lurking in the shadows who would like to join our campaign? Strength is always in numbers.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganimos View Post
            So have you seen your MP yet Ganimos? If so can you let us know what was said?
            Join the campaign at
            http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

M Ps

A list of ALL current M Ps

Lists of MPs - UK Parliament

Comment

Originally posted by Ganimos View Post
                True, but there are protocols. This is that you basically go to your own MP. If somebody were to produce a briefing note and send it to all MPs - perhaps something along the lines of TSBT's earlier excellent summary that would fine.

However if a load of individuals were to bombard every MP then there is a risk that could be counter productive.

It is of course perfectly OK to address to members of the committee etc, though that will just get a referral back to ones own MP normally.

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselpower View Post
                  Now I have the list of all the issues. I will be doing just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselpower View Post
                    What was the reply from yours?

Comment

Originally posted by OnYourBikeGB View Post
                      It's like Carry On Hector Up The Khyber isn't it? I presume, as a British overseas territory, the Government get a slice of deals done through the island? Sort of state backed tax evasion (I mean avoidance) with a 'morally repugnant free' certificate of some kind?

This is exactly what we need, to highlight the complete our farce. Well done Hector, your cunning plan is just about to cost British investors and European companies a fortune. So much for the moral high ground, you muppets. Hopefully an internal investigation into how you managed to make a British Chancellor of the Exchequer look like a fool will also bring home to you what it is like to have a very uncertain future.
                      What a tangled web HMRC have woven...

Hopefully Osborne now understands the difference between 'moral repugnance' and 'repugnant morality'.

Comment

Working...
                      X