• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Days off / holidays etc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diesel View Post
    Some contractors dont bother and do whatever the clients ask for in terms of forms etc.
    They are the one's who are caught by IR35 (and i'm not saying that's the reason why they would be caught - just that their attitude to contracting would land them in it)

Originally posted by diesel View Post
    Some contractors like myself are sceptical to use a permie leave form but cross out references to staff etc. To be honest in my current client project everyone has to use a holiday form but i cross out terms and sections not applicable.
    Personally, i would have words with the client. Remind them about the downside of IR35, not just for you, but for them aswell. i.e. If you were ever investigated and found to be an "employee", the client could become the "employer", making them liable for employer NI taxes, holiday pay, redundancy (maybe?)
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
    X