• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peergint
    Well I would like to thank those of you who have had the common curtosy to explain where I'm going wrong and the others who think we should all be as knowledgeable as they are, for taking the time to comment!

However, I would like to say to those people who gave less than helpful comments that like me, you had to learn and at times needed someone to explain things to you. I am no different! I bet you made yourselves look stupid too, but I bet you couldn't take the criticism given to you. I just have a different experience to you, but that doesn't mean I need your kind of thoughtless comments! You don't exactly endear yourselves to anyone do you? If you can't say something helpful to me, then keep your ignorance to yourself. You are the ones who look more foolish than I do! But... at least I will learn from this. Your rudeness only shows me the kinds of people you are, and as such I'm glad I don't have to put up with you!

As for the people who have been understanding... thank you for your advice. You have already gained my respect.

I have obviously missed the point of being a contractor, having spent most of my working life being an employee. I needed your comments to help me to get some understanding! I take your advice on board and will try to see this as a bonus!!

As I no longer need this forum and the thoughts of big mouths, I am leaving this forum. Short lived visit, but I don't need rudeness, especially when I have other more important things to worry about!

Good bye and good ridance !!
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Well, I hope that the next newbie that turns up stays.

I would like to remind everyone that the Professional forums should be that and that the 1st post of any poster should treated with consideration. If you can't say anything apart from just sticking your tongue at them then just say nowt. In future I will remove any abusive 'get knotted' posts as soon as I've seen them and give out instant infractions.

I can understand that if after the 3rd post they are still asking idiotic posts* then they are probably a troll, and so don't mind if you tell them straight to google/search/grow up etc. If you think thay are after the 1st then Report the thread and we'll look at them.

But if you want to just abuse posters for asking 'dumb' questions then stick to General...

*I don't consider Peergint's post idiotic, btw - there is one antipodian poster who shall remain nameless I'm looking at...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

It's a real shame some posters here can't be more respectful. I wonder how many lurkers decide never to post because of responses such as the above.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Well, I hope that the next newbie that turns up stays.

I would like to remind everyone that the Professional forums should be that and that the 1st post of any poster should treated with consideration. If you can't say anything apart from just sticking your tongue at them then just say nowt. In future I will remove any abusive 'get knotted' posts as soon as I've seen them and give out instant infractions.

I can understand that if after the 3rd post they are still asking idiotic posts* then they are probably a troll, and so don't mind if you tell them straight to google/search/grow up etc. If you think thay are after the 1st then Report the thread and we'll look at them.

But if you want to just abuse posters for asking 'dumb' questions then stick to General...

*I don't consider Peergint's post idiotic, btw - there is one antipodian poster who shall remain nameless I'm looking at...
          Please, please pull the trigger on our Deluded 'friend'!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            It's a real shame some posters here can't be more respectful. I wonder how many lurkers decide never to post because of responses such as the above.
            Well said. There are thousands of low paid agency workers who need support and encouragement. They don't get it here.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I actually deleted the offending posts before spotting that Cojak was already on the ball.

So, to any lurkers - sorry we didn't get to do the mod immediately, but please be patient, and do use the abuse button if you feel hard done by.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X