• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in UK (returning national)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in UK (returning national)

hey chaps,

are there possibilities of my being able to avoid IR35 ? I'm a UK national currently living in Ireland (out of UK for the last 7 years) and thinking about going contract back in the UK ?

Can I avoid the dreadded IR35 ?

Cheers

Fatboy.

have you thought about reading any of the freely available guides? or using the search function? or should we just shovel the information your way?

FFS Stay in Ireland do us all a favour.

Comment

Your location is largely irrelevant unless you only intend to be in the Uk for 3 months, or whatever the limit for paying tax in the Uk is.

It's your contract and your working practices that determine your IR35 status.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrysp
        have you thought about reading any of the freely available guides? or using the search function? or should we just shovel the information your way?

Thanks for the great welcome and immensely pertinenet advice Harry, just one question, were you always such a t0sser or did you learn such apalling manners and behaviour someplace ?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          Your location is largely irrelevant unless you only intend to be in the Uk for 3 months, or whatever the limit for paying tax in the Uk is.

It's your contract and your working practices that determine your IR35 status.

All I wanted to know.

Thanks.

Fatboy.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboypee
            Thanks for the great welcome and immensely pertinenet advice Harry, just one question, were you always such a t0sser or did you learn such apalling manners and behaviour someplace ?
            Nope sorry I have not always been a **** but lazy kunts like you piss me off. It is obvious by your inability to use the search function that either (a.) you are a lazy kunt or (b.) You are a thick kunt.

Considering you have been contracting for a number of years I will hazard a guess that you are a lazy kunt. My hatred for lazy kunts however can only be surpassed by my hatred of fat lazy kunts, now they really piss me off, it is obvious from your name, that you are fat git as well.

Now if you had taken the time to go to the homepage you would have had all the information you needed and you wouldnt needed to asked such a silly little question.

I would be more than happy to answer any REAL question. I would suggest you go away read the guides and if you then have a question please feel free to post it and it will be answered to the best of our abilities.

All the best

Harry

Comment

Originally posted by Harrysp
              Nope sorry I have not always been a **** but lazy kunts like you piss me off. It is obvious by your inability to use the search function that either (a.) you are a lazy kunt or (b.) You are a thick kunt.

Considering you have been contracting for a number of years I will hazard a guess that you are a lazy kunt. My hatred for lazy kunts however can only be surpassed by my hatred of fat lazy kunts, now they really piss me off, it is obvious from your name, that you are fat git as well.

Now if you had taken the time to go to the homepage you would have had all the information you needed and you wouldnt needed to asked such a silly little question.

I would be more than happy to answer any REAL question. I would suggest you go away read the guides and if you then have a question please feel free to post it and it will be answered to the best of our abilities.

All the best

Harry

I am neither fat nor am I lazy (if we are to take your example perhaps I would suggest you are therefore Harry the spastic ??? , it seems rather appropriate).

However,

It is unclear exactly which little corner of the planet you inhabit (whichever it maybe is surely the poorer for it mind you) however, being such an illuminated member of this forum does not afford you the given right to be abusive, rude or aggressive, nor does it offer you the opportunity to vent your xenophobic and obsequious views.

I have taken the liberty of reporting you to the moderators for what I find wholly abusive, ill mannered and generally offensive behaviour.

Anyone else on this forum, please comment, I'm more than surprised this kind of behaviour, language and abusive comentary is accepted here ?

Comment

Why I thank you kind sir.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboypee
                  hey chaps,

are there possibilities of my being able to avoid IR35 ? I'm a UK national currently living in Ireland (out of UK for the last 7 years) and thinking about going contract back in the UK ?

Can I avoid the dreadded IR35 ?

Cheers

Fatboy.
                  To be perfectly polite about it, may I ask why you came and asked such a wide question, i.e. demanding little effort from your side to write just a few words, but a lot of effort from anyone who might answer; rather than at least first having a look to see whether the people on this board, or its organisers, had not perhaps already taken the trouble to write a guide for exactly that topic?

It is almost as if you either didn't think that there might often be other people with the same question, or didn't care and just wanted individual treatment. In fact I rather think those were more or less the two possibilities relating to your character already alluded to in this discussion, wouldn't you say, on a little reflection?

I do believe that it is widely regarded as selfish and quite bad form to ask what must be a FAQ on a board, without forst checking for a ""FAQ": Perhaps you didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                    To be perfectly polite about it, may I ask why you came and asked such a wide question, i.e. demanding little effort from your side to write just a few words, but a lot of effort from anyone who might answer; rather than at least first having a look to see whether the people on this board, or its organisers, had not perhaps already taken the trouble to write a guide for exactly that topic?

It is almost as if you either didn't think that there might often be other people with the same question, or didn't care and just wanted individual treatment. In fact I rather think those were more or less the two possibilities relating to your character already alluded to in this discussion, wouldn't you say, on a little reflection?

I do believe that it is widely regarded as selfish and quite bad form to ask what must be a FAQ on a board, without forst checking for a ""FAQ": Perhaps you didn't know that.
                    Whilst I do admit and agree that perhaps my question was a little crass or naieve, and concede that it is perhaps bad form to ask such a question, I honestly did not think that many people would be in a similar situation as myself and as a result I thought it may be ok to place a simple question.

To take your point on board I did not check as I honestly believed a short answer was all that was necesary and DaveB had the manners and courtesy to offer such advice (and for that I am grateful), no abuse, no name calling and in fairness if you think my question crass or out of line then politely tell me so or ignore the post ?

I have been a member of several boards and a moderator of two. Never, in my years have I encountered such abuse, regardless of the merit of subject. There is and remains no call for it on a public forum and to use such personal abuse as
                    , I am sure you can understand is highly offensive.

Comment

Working...
                    X