• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracting in UK (returning national)"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboypee
    I followed up the link (for which I am grateful), perhaps my phraseology of the original question was not the best however I have availed of offshoring on numerous occasions but was informed by my finance partners that these routes, when considering the UK are particularly prone to scrutiny, I was merely asking if there were any known exemptions for IR35 by being considered 'non domicile' as I have been absent for a considerable period of time.

Well there you go - if you read that thread in its entirety you will see that is started with a dumb question and once we'd proven our virility we answered the questions asked in some detail. What you probably won't have noticed is that collectively we've done that several times in the last 6 months. Then you join in with a question that on the face of it demonstrates no attempt at self-help and no evidence of having had a cursory glance through the fora in case it had been asked before. And hey, then we take the michael out of the dumbass newbie... Honestly, it's more to do with frustration than malice.

Call it old fashioned but I am willing to take the reprimand over my crass post but I take particular offence at the remarks, and by your Q.E.D statement I understand you to deem those remarks acceptable ?
    A word of warning. If you think they're bad and worthy of a sharp response, you will not survive one day in the financial sector in the City. London is nowhere near as friendly a society as the one you've been in for the last seven years. So in Ireland, it probably was not acceptable, over here they are absolutely nothing to get upset about. OK?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Only if you decide to stop blogging you lifes minutia in "test please delete" and start doing it in this one Zeitghost

Leave a comment:

• fatboypee
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    QED.

Anyway, since you're still reading the threads, did you follow up the link I posted a while back and did you learn anything from it?
    I followed up the link (for which I am grateful), perhaps my phraseology of the original question was not the best however I have availed of offshoring on numerous occasions but was informed by my finance partners that these routes, when considering the UK are particularly prone to scrutiny, I was merely asking if there were any known exemptions for IR35 by being considered 'non domicile' as I have been absent for a considerable period of time.

Call it old fashioned but I am willing to take the reprimand over my crass post but I take particular offence at the remarks, and by your Q.E.D statement I understand you to deem those remarks acceptable ?

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Harry, just one question, were you always such a t0sser or did you learn such apalling manners and behaviour someplace ?
    QED.

Anyway, since you're still reading the threads, did you follow up the link I posted a while back and did you learn anything from it?

Leave a comment:

• fatboypee
    replied
    errrm Point of Order, actually I think you may find I was reacting to this:
    Originally posted by Harrysp
    FFS Stay in Ireland do us all a favour.
    Wholly offensive yet going unchallenged !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Point of order - assistance was rendered, it was the OP that started the abuse. All we did was fail to answer a stupidly naive question in the level of detail he seemed to require.

Anyway, probably a good point to close this thread off!

Leave a comment:

• scotspine
    replied
    if you guys can't restrict your caustic comments to the light relief forum, then you may well be moderated... some people come here for assistance, not to be abused... and thanks for the pointer master
    Last edited by scotspine; 15 February 2006, 13:34.

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me.

Leave a comment:

• Obiwan Kenobi
    replied
    Only a master of evil, er, Master.

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Ah, Obiwan, now I am the Master.

Leave a comment:

• Obiwan Kenobi
    replied
    ContractorUK forums: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Leave a comment:

• fatboypee
    replied
    Interesting, how I miss the British arrogance (of some people) and how amazingly powerful they feel whilst rendering their oh-so-important opinions on a message board (so you've got your own LTD company ? Well, have'nt we all... So you can cut it as a contractor ? well, wow, amazing, just goes to show the level must have dropped significanlty over the years ). For your info I have been contracting for over 15 years all over Europe, USA and now Ireland,predominantly banking and FTSE 100 companies. I have not had cause to return the UK market and as a result I believed I would simply pop a question up with the hope that I may find some kind-hearted, (perhaps tollerant) professional to give me a one or two line answer to my question. It is clear that the audacity of putting up a question that may be construed as stupid has mightilly offended some individuals and for that I can apologise.

a few words of advice before I leave you two sad little men to your festering and it echoes the advice given earlier in this thread:

Treating questions of any type with the hostility and abuse that you do on this board simply serves to display you in a very ill light, that of sad little men who though have some modicum of ability and knowledge feel ultimately that they need to eradicate their inadequacies by bullying aggressively shouting at people for having the audacity to post a question. There are people on this board with more integrity,professionalism and patience than you it is about time you had respect for them in a community that you do not own !!!

Leave a comment:

• Harrysp
    replied
    Of course you are a Senior Programme Manager and not some 1st line help desk monkey . I am sure you have a number of important meetings to go to, so toodle off and all the best.

Leave a comment:

• YORKSMARK
    replied
    guess you dont like the truth?????

For your information maybe new on here but extremly experienced in contracting and I act with professional pride as a Senior Programme Manager.

All you 2 can do is insult and be rude.

Go back to your multi million $ contracts which you are programme managers for (LOL) as you obviously have nothing better to do, and leave this forum for contractors who want to discuss matters in a polite and professional way, and give advice to each other.

Again a call to my contracting colleagues on here to request to ignore these 2 until they can learn some respect.

Leave a comment:

• Harrysp
    replied
    Newbie I think you would be better suited to http://forums.permiesuk.com

See you later sunshine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X