• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in UK (returning national)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only if you decide to stop blogging you lifes minutia in "test please delete" and start doing it in this one Zeitghost
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboypee
      I followed up the link (for which I am grateful), perhaps my phraseology of the original question was not the best however I have availed of offshoring on numerous occasions but was informed by my finance partners that these routes, when considering the UK are particularly prone to scrutiny, I was merely asking if there were any known exemptions for IR35 by being considered 'non domicile' as I have been absent for a considerable period of time.

Well there you go - if you read that thread in its entirety you will see that is started with a dumb question and once we'd proven our virility we answered the questions asked in some detail. What you probably won't have noticed is that collectively we've done that several times in the last 6 months. Then you join in with a question that on the face of it demonstrates no attempt at self-help and no evidence of having had a cursory glance through the fora in case it had been asked before. And hey, then we take the michael out of the dumbass newbie... Honestly, it's more to do with frustration than malice.

Call it old fashioned but I am willing to take the reprimand over my crass post but I take particular offence at the remarks, and by your Q.E.D statement I understand you to deem those remarks acceptable ?
      A word of warning. If you think they're bad and worthy of a sharp response, you will not survive one day in the financial sector in the City. London is nowhere near as friendly a society as the one you've been in for the last seven years. So in Ireland, it probably was not acceptable, over here they are absolutely nothing to get upset about. OK?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
      X