• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone heard of Aston Mae?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard of Aston Mae?

Hi,

Has anyone had dealings with an umbrella company called Aston Mae?

Any advice appreciated!

Kai.

Never heard of them. However a quick peruse of their website shows they are clearly not an umbrella.

So, quick answer - No. Avoid.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Cold caller by any chance? Learn the lessons.

Comment

yes, cold call out of nowhere. Spoke about how they were unaffected by BN66.

Comment

Originally posted by Kai View Post
          I've never heard of them, but if they're operating an EBT scheme, then they're right about that.

Comment

Just received a cold call from this crew. Politely listened and waited for the 'so what do you think?' to which I asked if their warranty had been challenged in court. They said their lawyers had drawn it up to be bullet proof (they allege they will pay all fees and fines in the event that it goes to court and I was to incur penalties) but obviously he didn't answer my question.

Next step was to check with CUK and found this thread, so I suppose the old mantra of 'If it sounds too good to be true, then it is' stands and I'll give them a wide berth....
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

yes, cold call out of nowhere.
              I don't know why people are so suspicious of cold callers.

I'm always getting calls out of the blue with fantastic deals. I'm getting my windows replaced for free, I've won a free cruise in Florida and to top it all off I got an email the other day to say that there's 65,000,000 dollars sitting in a Nigerian bank account just waiting for me to claim it. I'm just waiting for the bloke to sort out a few minor hitches with the bank to get the money freed up.
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

They came up with the daft idea that since they are not based in the IOM then BN66 didn't affect them even though they are based offshore elsewhere. Apparently they will pay a salary and then...wait for it....a loan, which will be written off when they devalue it to zero. They also claim they have paid a lot of money to tax QC's who have said it works but....wait for it again...no approval from HMRC as they would never grant any scheme of any kind EBT or otherwise. Beg ya pardon, they say it's not an "EBT"

Comment

Interesting offer

Originally posted by Stag Cozier View Post
                  They came up with the daft idea that since they are not based in the IOM then BN66 didn't affect them even though they are based offshore elsewhere. Apparently they will pay a salary and then...wait for it....a loan, which will be written off when they devalue it to zero. They also claim they have paid a lot of money to tax QC's who have said it works but....wait for it again...no approval from HMRC as they would never grant any scheme of any kind EBT or otherwise. Beg ya pardon, they say it's not an "EBT"
                  They contacted me out of the blue as well. Further to their offer of meeting all fines and fees, they also said they could return me "80% or better" of my income (after all tax, NI and their fees were deducted) and that they would "pay any tax that was found to be due as the result of an investigation whilst using their scheme". That is one heck of an offer, no?

They don't seem to offer a scheme of their own, rather they place your business with an "appropriate" scheme by other providers. They are, however, all (or mostly) EBT based and as this comes under the "aggressive avoidance" banner with Hector, it is highly likely that they will be hit at some stage. Given the nature of their "guarantee", I can only imagine what would happen if all of the chips fell at the same time.

As with all such offerings, it is extremely tempting to check them out further. I have a feeling that Hector would laugh if you were to respond to his enquiry that "I work for Aston Mae and they guaranteed to pay all costs, tax, penalties, parking fines, congestion charges, stamp duty and inheritance tax for everyone, forever". I can't see them hanging around to honour the guarantee, although I am not suggesting that they are crooked - merely that it is hard to understand how they can make such a guarantee and how they back it up (fiscally).

Good luck if you go ahead

Pastalista

Comment

This name rings a bell and am sure I had seen a post about this but trawling through the search I can't find it. The only reference is Aston Management who are offering an 80+% return.

Link to the post is here --> Linky

Not the same people is it?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X