• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBarCapBoyz View Post
    Said like a true selfish, greedy Tory.
    oh the irony of that comment from someone in the montp scheme

Comment

Originally posted by TheBarCapBoyz View Post
      Said like a true selfish, greedy Tory.
      Let me set the record straight. I don't support any of them.

I hated the Thatcher era, and was glad when they got booted out in 97 and Blair got in.

However, I can never forgive Labour for the injustice of BN66 and the way we've been treated. And for that reason alone, I hope we get a Conservative government. No doubt I'll despise them in a few years too.

Isn't the entire capitalist system based on greed?

If the greed/debt fuelled boom of the naughties was still in full swing, Labour would sail to victory.

Personally I live a very frugal lifestyle but, if everyone lived like me, the economy would be totally f****d.
      Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 7 April 2010, 10:24.

Comment

Getting back on track....

Just to get back on track is there any futher updates.....???
        SAY NO TO RETROSPECTIVE TAX

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
          Let me set the record straight. I don't support any of them.

I hated the Thatcher era, and was glad when they got booted out in 97 and Blair got in.

However, I can never forgive Labour for the injustice of BN66 and the way we've been treated. And for that reason alone, I hope we get a Conservative government. No doubt I'll despise them in a few years too.

Isn't the entire capitalist system based on greed?

If the greed/debt fuelled boom of the naughties was still in full swing, Labour would sail to victory.

Personally I live a very frugal lifestyle but, if everyone lived like me, the economy would be totally f****d.
          I wouldnt vote for labour just on the fact i lost 2 years of my life fighting IR35...the BN66 has pushed me to the point i would actually slam the door in any Labour MP who knocked on my door

my wife said said something to me yesterday that made me laugh.

"yes Gordon has been in power for too long, but on the good side hes Aged at least 20 years in that time"
          When is comes to the HMRC and Gordy. Im a fighter not a lover

Comment

TheBarCapBoyz

It doesn't sound like our usual chaps from Barclays Capital.

I wonder if the account has been "borrowed" by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by zippo View Post
              Just to get back on track is there any futher updates.....???
              Nothing at the moment.

We are due a decision from the Court of Appeal by 5th May. (Coincidentally, the day before the general election.)

Comment

Certainty of Taxation

Two well-known people came from Kirkcaldy, Adam Smith and Gordon Brown. The former gave us:

"The tax which each individual is bound to pay ought to be certain, and not arbitrary. The time of payment, the manner of payment, the quantity to be paid, ought all to be clear and plain to the contributor, and to every other person. Where it is otherwise, every person subject to the tax is put more or less in the power of the tax-gatherer, who can either aggravate the tax upon any obnoxious contributor, or extort, by the terror of such aggravation, some present or perquisite to himself. The uncertainty of taxation encourages the insolence and favours the corruption of an order of men who are naturally unpopular, even where they are neither insolent nor corrupt. The certainty of what each individual ought to pay is, in taxation, a matter of so great importance that a very considerable degree of inequality, it appears, I believe, from the experience of all nations, is not near so great an evil as a very small degree of uncertainty."

The latter gave us IR35 and BN66.

I'm voting Adam Smith.
                Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
                "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  Nothing at the moment.

We are due a decision from the Court of Appeal by 5th May. (Coincidentally, the day before the general election.)
                  i wonder if they will postpone it a couple of days

Comment

Winston Churchill

Emigre,

As your signature quotes the great man, I thought you'd like this one from him. Rather apt way to describe HMRC don't you think?

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm!

BTW, it appears that the net worth of the Channel Islands is about 98 billion quid. Can't we sell them to the French and throw in Anglesey for a laugh? That would put a big dent in the national debt.

Comment

sooo funny

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/vid...y=Latest+Video

Comment

Working...
                      X