• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory Ad Campaign

Today I heard that the Tories are going to engage Saatchi & Saatchi.

So I thought I'd help them out with a couple of Ad Slogans:

Laboured Britain - We're forever in your debt

Gordon says he likes bananas - welcome to the Republic!

Any more??

Comment

Or this one:

2010 Labour Election watch for sale:

Manufactured in 1997. No working parts, 2 previous owners. Bid price 850 billion or any Conservative offer.

Comment

"No Return to Boom and Bust?" I made sure of one of them!
        Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
        "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Originally posted by Tax_shouldnt_be_taxing View Post
          Or this one:

2010 Labour Election watch for sale:

Manufactured in 1997. No working parts, 2 previous owners. Bid price 850 billion or any Conservative offer.
          hows about this one

Labour F#CK off!!!

simple and to the point
          When is comes to the HMRC and Gordy. Im a fighter not a lover

Comment

if it all goes wrong

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
            Does anybody know if you can you offer your pension pot as settlement/ part settlement or indeed if it is the only asset that you have of any real value will they take it off of you?
            I have been told your pension is safe - even if you are declared bankrupt

Comment

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
              Does anybody know if you can you offer your pension pot as settlement/ part settlement or indeed if it is the only asset that you have of any real value will they take it off of you?
              I don't know whether you can offer it up, but it certainly can't be taken off you.

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/gu...df/pension.pdf

If a bankruptcy order is made on a bankruptcy petition presented on or after 29 May 2000, all pension schemes that have been approved by HM Revenue and Customs remain outside a bankrupt's estate. This means they cannot be claimed by the trustee in bankruptcy. This follows the introduction of the Welfare Reform and Pensions Act 1999.

Comment

how about this one

very slightly adapted but not much:

All that year the people (animals) worked like slaves. But they were happy in their work; they grudged no effort or sacrifice, well aware that everything they did was for the benefit of themselves and those of their kind who would come after them, and not for a pack of idle, thieving MP's (human beings).

- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 6

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
                  If they would only establish some risk-free, clear rules on how to set up as an independant contractor, I'll sign up.
                  But there is a risk free way (PAYE), which is what was being asked for.

The fact that this option means that you end up with less money wasn't part of the "original specification".

Originally posted by johnnyguitar View Post
                  But I'm not paying more than the average joe just because they can't clarify.
                  It's been done to death, but the average Joe does end up paying it - just that they don't see they're paying it. All employers price an employee including employers NI - just the amount they advertise for / put on the payslip is less than that.

Personally, I'd like to see some major employers get some balls and start advertising jobs at rates which includes employers NI, making it fully and absolutely clear to any candidate what is happening. When people see how much of a deduction is made for employers NI on their payslip, they might start to wake up to the hiidden "jobs tax".
                  Last edited by centurian; 26 March 2010, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                    But there is a risk free way (PAYE), which is what was being asked for.

The fact that this option means that you end up with less money wasn't part of the "original specification".

It's been done to death, but the average Joe does end up paying it - just that they don't see they're paying it. All employers price an employee including employers NI - just the amount they advertise for / put on the payslip is less than that.

Personally, I'd like to see some major employers get some balls and start advertising jobs at rates which includes employers NI, making it fully and absolutely clear to any candidate what is happening. When people see how much of a deduction is made for employers NI on their payslip, they might start to wake up to the hiidden "jobs tax".
                    I'd rather our tax system was really based on how successful you were rather than our current penal system, for example if it were based on successful:

25 percent across the board:

so someone earning 50k pays 12.5k in tax
                    someone earning 100k pays 25k, they paying more in actual contributions based on them earning more but same percentage...

but oh no.... we couldnt possibly do that could we...we have to penalise people actually doing well by increasing the threshold...

why doesnt someone somewhere in government appreciate if we for one minute thought it was fair people wouldnt even start to try and avoid paying it...simples...Alistair and Gordie its a false economy when are you going to learn it soooooo simple its childlike, if people think its fair they will pay it and receipts will go up

Comment

NIC - the Nu Labour income tax

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
                      I'd rather our tax system was really based on how successful you were rather than our current penal system, for example if it were based on successful:

25 percent across the board:

so someone earning 50k pays 12.5k in tax
                      someone earning 100k pays 25k, they paying more in actual contributions based on them earning more but same percentage...

but oh no.... we couldnt possibly do that could we...we have to penalise people actually doing well by increasing the threshold...

why doesnt someone somewhere in government appreciate if we for one minute thought it was fair people wouldnt even start to try and avoid paying it...simples...Alistair and Gordie its a false economy when are you going to learn it soooooo simple its childlike, if people think its fair they will pay it and receipts will go up
                      This makes quite interesting reading.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/stats/tax_receipts/table1-2.pdf

Over the past 9 years...

Income Tax receipts have risen by 24%.

Whereas NIC receipts have risen by a staggering 50%.

If this trend continues, NIC will overtake Income tax in a few years.

Comment

Working...
                      X