• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Round 2 (Court of Appeal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
    PM Questions today (Wednesday)
    1228 "Ms Harman says a parliamentary bill is not retrospective".

Really ?
    I saw that too!!!!!! Daily politics show, interesting isnt it...I was on the edge of my seat waiting for one of those F***ing losers to ask "so why was BN66 retrospective then", but none of them did, I wanna be an MP!!!!! mad

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
      The above "story" only concerns a separate dispute over legal costs which arose after May 2007.
      http://www.judgments.im/content/J892.htm

The real story is what happened in 2001.
      http://www.judgments.im/content/J984.htm

Conclusion

161. In summary, in my judgment Mr Jones and Mr Morris made wrongful use of (a) the idea of using offshore interest-in-possession trusts in partnership to avoid the IR35 legislation, (b) information about the manner in which the Disputed Scheme was constructed and (c) Mr Argles' March opinions.

Overall conclusion

162. Montpelier has satisfied me that Mr Jones and Mr Morris are liable to it for wrongful use of confidential information.
      When is comes to the HMRC and Gordy. Im a fighter not a lover

Comment

if we go to prison

can i ask to be moved to Norway

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...open-in-Norway
        When is comes to the HMRC and Gordy. Im a fighter not a lover

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiGuy View Post
          KiwiGuy, I think it might have been built to accommodate anyone who misled Parliament... Not that it has ever happened, I'm sure.

BTW, Harperson it good for a laugh if not much else!

Comment

Off Topic

Folks, I know this Forum is not the place for pushing the following, but I feel it so important to acknowledge this, I'm posting it anyways. If you like me feel strongly about this, then copy the following content and email it to as many as you can.

I will not follow this up with any further "off topic" content, but this was too important to let go. Not least since unlike our Government, these people are doing a job where they put themselves on the line and this Government does not pay their dues to their effort.

The Story Begins

Last week I was in West London attending a conference.

While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me
            beginning to clap and cheer.

I immediately turned around and witnessed one of the greatest acts of patriotism I
            have ever seen.

Moving through the terminal was a group of soldiers in their uniforms, as they
            began heading to their gate everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their
            feet with their hands waving and cheering.

When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for,
            it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red blooded Briton who still loves this
            country and supports our troops and their families. Of course I immediately stopped
            and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the
            line everyday for us so we can go to school, work, and enjoy our home without fear
            of reprisal.

Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our service men
            and women a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old, ran up to one of the male
            soldiers.

He knelt down and said 'hi,' the little girl then asked him if he would give
            something to her daddy for her.

The young soldier didn't look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would try
            and what did she want to give to her daddy.

Suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him the biggest hug
            she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek.
            The mother of the little girl, who said her daughter's name was Courtney, told the
            young soldier that her husband was a Corporal and had been in Afghanistanfor 5
            months now.

As the mum was explaining how much her daughter, Courtney, missed her father, the
            young soldier began to tear up.

When this temporarily single mum was done explaining her situation, all of the
            soldiers huddled together for a brief second.

Then one of the other servicemen pulled out a military looking walkie-talkie.

They started playing with the device and talking back and forth on it.

After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked back over to Courtney,
            bent down and said this to her, 'I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this
            to you.'

He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a Kiss on the
            cheek.

He finished by saying 'Your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than
            anything and he is coming home very soon.'

The mum at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young soldier
            stood to his feet he saluted Courtney and her mum.

I was standing no more than 6 feet away as this entire event unfolded.

As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their
            applause.

As I stood there applauding and looked around, there were very few dry eyes,
            including my own.

That young soldier in one last act of moment turned around and blew a kiss to
            Courtney with a tear rolling down his cheek.

We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their families and thank God
            for them and their sacrifices.

At the end of the day, it's good to be an Englishman.

RED FRIDAYS

Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday.

The reason?

Englishmen and women who support our troops used to be called the 'silent majority'.

We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for Country and home in record
            breaking numbers.

We are not organised, boisterous or over-bearing.

We get no liberal media coverage on TV, to reflect our message or our opinions..
            Many English people, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognise
            that the vast majority of Britainsupports our troops.

Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect
            starts this Friday and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come
            home, sending a deafening message that every Briton who supports our men and women
            afar will wear something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV, let's make Great Britain on every Friday a sea of red
            much like a homecoming football team

If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances,
            co-workers, friends, and family, It will not be long before Britain is covered in
            RED and it will let our troops know the once 'silent' majority is on their side
            more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things better for
            you?' is....'We need your support and your prayers'...

Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear
            something red every Friday.

IF YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON

IF YOU COULD NOT CARE LESS THEN HIT THE DELETE BUTTON.

IT IS YOUR CHOICE.

THEIR BLOOD RUNS RED----

Lest we Forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas View Post
              PM Questions today (Wednesday)
              1228 "Ms Harman says a parliamentary bill is not retrospective".

Really ?
              Yes, I heard that too! Nearly spat me tuna and cucumber sarnie all over the 42inch LCD screen! Cheeky bitch!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

We and Mr Jones, we have a thing going on ...

Originally posted by BarneyCool View Post
                I have only been following this forum since the get wrenching High court ruling and must admit have become a bit obessed with it. But could someone please explain to exactly what this Alan Jones character has to do in all of this!
                Like you, I'm fairly new to this forum and got obsessed with it just before our recent court case. There are others here who know a lot more about Alan Jones and indeed have met the man while he was selling the product. My impressions of him are just through these postings and links to the scripts of his court cases V MP.

Alan Jones has got serious problems. The biggest one being that he does not give a tulip about anyone but himself. In his posts, he sometimes uses "we" as if we're all in the same boat but the reality is that true to his nature, he has an agenda and only looking out for number 1. AJ's current existential threat is his appeal case V MP (he lost the previous court) and bankruptcy is looming. Well most of us know how that feels but that's pretty much all that we have in common with AJ.

Despite the loud words of wisdom and stunts such as gate crashing our court case, fact is AJ can be bullied easily. When HMRC stared at him and his scheme (Suo Mutu?), AJ just rolled up and turned over his clients. Some telling questions were put to him in these posts, regarding when he planned his capitulation and when he stopped charging commissions. Anyways, it's all old tales now, AJ survived and number 1 was looked after well.

It looks like in MP (Mr Gittins?), AJ has found a tough opponent who fights on principle and is not backing down. As a side note it is precisely this spirit that makes me support MP all the way but that's another story.

AJ has had more than one opportunity to partner/work with respectable companies/people but he usually finds himself alone (or with a sidekick) and tells the tale of how all his ideas are stolen to anyone who listens. Huge greed, ego and overestimation of his abilities and intellect has brought him where he is today which is somewhere on the brink. I'm leaving his family and health out of all this but it's all actions and consequences.

So just another sad story, what's it got to do with us? The problem is that like a bad odour he lingers on and keeps trying to divide and demoralise us. He quotes Judge Parker's judgment as if they are tablets brought back from a mountain. Pretty much the same fighting spirit he should when he last dealt with HMRC.

Best Song: Living on a Prayer / Bon Jovi

Best film: Pulp Fiction

Best scene: Butch thinks he's home-free now, can collect his bets, head for the South Seas, maybe Mexico. He waits at an intersection as a large black man crosses the street carrying some take-out food. It's Marcellus... who recognizes him, despite the shabby little car. Butch boots the gas, hits Marcellus who bounces onto the hood and over the roof. As he accelerates through the intersection, he gets whacked laterally by a speeding car. As he crawls out of the wreckage, Marcellus -- who has survived the hit and run quite nicely -- starts shooting. He flees into a nearby pawn shop with Marcellus in pursuit.

Strange how you never know what will greet you on the other side of any door you might open. Butch and Marcellus are taken prisoner by the creepy owner. As he keeps them hostage with his shotgun, he gets on the phone: "Zed... Maynard. Spider just caught a couple of flies."

Zed arrives quickly and Butch and Marcellus are taken to the basement, where they meet The Gimp, a masked pervert in a black leather stunt suit who just happens to be living in a large trunk. The Gimp is restrained by a chain which allows him some movement via an overhead rail. As Zed and Maynard bugger Marcellus in the next room, The Gimp moves on Butch who easily beats him unconscious. For some reason he feels sympathy for Marcellus and interrupts the rape, armed with a Japanese Samurai sword he finds in the shop upstairs. Marcellus and Butch make their peace, and Butch exits riding Zed's chopper as Marcellus plans the perverts' torture and death.

Mr Jones, to me you are a side show, a tragic character but also light relief in this otherwise serious business of S58 and retrospective taxation. As some of us feel that we are about to be raped by bullies do you recognise the gimp?

Comment

Originally posted by not-a-penny View Post
                  Like you, I'm fairly new to this forum and got obsessed with it just before our recent court case. There are others here who know a lot more about Alan Jones and indeed have met the man while he was selling the product. My impressions of him are just through these postings and links to the scripts of his court cases V MP.

Alan Jones has got serious problems. The biggest one being that he does not give a tulip about anyone but himself. In his posts, he sometimes uses "we" as if we're all in the same boat but the reality is that true to his nature, he has an agenda and only looking out for number 1. AJ's current existential threat is his appeal case V MP (he lost the previous court) and bankruptcy is looming. Well most of us know how that feels but that's pretty much all that we have in common with AJ.

Despite the loud words of wisdom and stunts such as gate crashing our court case, fact is AJ can be bullied easily. When HMRC stared at him and his scheme (Suo Mutu?), AJ just rolled up and turned over his clients. Some telling questions were put to him in these posts, regarding when he planned his capitulation and when he stopped charging commissions. Anyways, it's all old tales now, AJ survived and number 1 was looked after well.

It looks like in MP (Mr Gittins?), AJ has found a tough opponent who fights on principle and is not backing down. As a side note it is precisely this spirit that makes me support MP all the way but that's another story.

AJ has had more than one opportunity to partner/work with respectable companies/people but he usually finds himself alone (or with a sidekick) and tells the tale of how all his ideas are stolen to anyone who listens. Huge greed, ego and overestimation of his abilities and intellect has brought him where he is today which is somewhere on the brink. I'm leaving his family and health out of all this but it's all actions and consequences.

So just another sad story, what's it got to do with us? The problem is that like a bad odour he lingers on and keeps trying to divide and demoralise us. He quotes Judge Parker's judgment as if they are tablets brought back from a mountain. Pretty much the same fighting spirit he should when he last dealt with HMRC.

Best scene: Butch thinks he's home-free now, can collect his bets, head for the South Seas, maybe Mexico. He waits at an intersection as a large black man crosses the street carrying some take-out food. It's Marcellus... who recognizes him, despite the shabby little car. Butch boots the gas, hits Marcellus who bounces onto the hood and over the roof. As he accelerates through the intersection, he gets whacked laterally by a speeding car. As he crawls out of the wreckage, Marcellus -- who has survived the hit and run quite nicely -- starts shooting. He flees into a nearby pawn shop with Marcellus in pursuit.

Strange how you never know what will greet you on the other side of any door you might open. Butch and Marcellus are taken prisoner by the creepy owner. As he keeps them hostage with his shotgun, he gets on the phone: "Zed... Maynard. Spider just caught a couple of flies."

Zed arrives quickly and Butch and Marcellus are taken to the basement, where they meet The Gimp, a masked pervert in a black leather stunt suit who just happens to be living in a large trunk. The Gimp is restrained by a chain which allows him some movement via an overhead rail. As Zed and Maynard bugger Marcellus in the next room, The Gimp moves on Butch who easily beats him unconscious. For some reason he feels sympathy for Marcellus and interrupts the rape, armed with a Japanese Samurai sword he finds in the shop upstairs. Marcellus and Butch make their peace, and Butch exits riding Zed's chopper as Marcellus plans the perverts' torture and death.

Mr Jones, to me you are a side show, a tragic character but also light relief in this otherwise serious business of S58 and retrospective taxation. As some of us feel that we are about to be raped by bullies do you recognise the gimp?
                  fantastic analogy, made me smile lots!

I actually flew over to IOM to meet AJ when he was selling his wares to me one to one, and the prospect of him as the GIMP just made me chuckle even harder! Yep we had to fly over to IOM, firstly to prove our worth of being allowed into the scheme, secondly to try and prove somehow we weren't IR spies. AJ you betrayed us all, you are utterly shameful
                  Last edited by smalldog; 3 March 2010, 23:27.

Comment

Pwc

Hi,

Just wondering was anyone actually going to attend PWC oral next Tuesday?

Regards,D.
                    - SL -

Comment

Originally posted by not-a-penny View Post

Fantastic so true !!

Comment

Working...
                      X