• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you pay yourself ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An individual cannot pay more into a pension than they earn (or £3600 a year, whichever is greater...). Or if you do, there are taxation impllications. Salary is taxable earnings, as per the SA form, so includes dividends.

A company can do whatever it likes up for its directors and employees to levels that we aren't likely to acheive.

If your accountant doesn't understand this simple principle, get one that does.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The OP is confusing personal contributions and Ltd Co contributions I believe. If the OP asks his accountant "how much of it's turnover can the Ltd Co pay into my SIPP?" he will get the right answer, I'm sure.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
      X