• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yorkshire Accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    This type of question is asked a lot on here, have you tried doing a search?
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...nt-please.html
    And its the same guy started both threads.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMcadden1 View Post
      I with Darren at Upton Accountants and Lisa M has been truely superb.

Very very decent and knowledgeable guys
      Might be worth updating this thread as i was looking at the recommendations and via google found this old article...

Married accountant stole £500,000 to splash out on luxury gifts for blonde model mistress and wife | Daily Mail Online

Obviously this would have been raised on here at the time no doubt but the link and recommendation to him is still linked in the Leeds area.

Cheers
      Fizz

Comment

'Upton' is CUK shorthand for a vicious dry bumming but I suppose you're right - a thread specifically recommending him isn't ideal. Still, it just goes to show that when it comes to advice on an internet forum: you get what you pay for

Also, his CUK account hasn't been banned - is rinsing your clients for half a million quid and being sent down not a bannable offence?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Also, his CUK account hasn't been banned - is rinsing your clients for half a million quid and being sent down not a bannable offence?
          "1 day to reflect on your actions"
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            "1 day to reflect on your actions"
            Thanks. At least the judge took a less lenient view

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Thanks. At least the judge took a less lenient view
              We were waiting for him to come back and tell us how he was going to repay Bagpuss.

He'll be out of choky now, so it may still happen...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@UptonAccountants View Post
                Yep, we're based in Wakefield if you fancy popping in for a brew?
                I wonder if that offer is still open?

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                  I wonder if that offer is still open?
                  Maybe, but you will have to bring your own tea bags and milk
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by RTB View Post
                    I'm based in Leeds, and have been with SJD for over a year now. However, their prices are far too high for the hands off approach they have.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent accountant in the area?

Thanks
                    Some things haven't changed much though, have they? They have got even more expensive.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I've been using a local accountant in harrogate - does a number of contractors that i know.
                      Does everything for around £600 a year (everyone usually pays this £50 monthly)

Comment

Working...
                      X