• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Time to fight back!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All tax is theft. Free-ee-ee Wesley Snipes.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by neilawuk View Post
      bradley, sorry thats your opinion, in mine they are providing tax planning utilising existing legislation. each to their own....we are both to be proven
      wrong?
      it is often very difficult to tell on which side of the fine dividing line between tax evasion and tax avoidance a person is walking when undertaking what they claim is tax avoidance activity. Very often the only way of knowing is by being challenged, with the risk that illegality is proved. This makes clear how morally questionable is the pursuit of tax avoidance.

Comment

How life would be more enjoyable, simpler, and prosperous for man and government alike, if only the UK would adopt a flat-rate tax system, much like Hong Kong.
        Last edited by ChimpMaster; 1 May 2008, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          How life would be more enjoyable, simpler, and prosperous for man and government alike, if only the UK would adopt a flat-rate tax system, much like Hong Kong.
          That would mean disposing of a whole shedload of usless and unproductive civil servants, and it isn't the New Liebour way to be efficient...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

bradley, your argument is on the basis that I agree with your quote in the first place....which I dont

Comment

bradley, your argument is on the basis that I agree with your quote in the first place....which I dont
              All I am saying is don't fool yourself about the risk you take with these schemes. It's all very well being bullish on this forum. What you're saying won't wash with a couple of Inspectors from the Civil Investigations unit or in front of a jury of your peers for that matter.

As it says on http://www.bn66.co.uk/bn66.htm
              ... he posed the question to Joe “why do you think the government would let you get away with paying £2,000 tax on £150,000 income?” Joe couldn’t answer this.
              What would you say that would convince?

Comment

dude69, as I said before you dont have a clue about what the real cost would be as is illustrated by your previous post about 15%...Its not worth having a debate with someone on a point of which they have no facts...
                Oh really. The spreadsheet I have from Montpellier is 10% + setup fees, another scheme is 12.5%. It's pretty close to 15%, why are you pretending otherwise?

Comment

I run a property company and I have paid at least £150k into the system through taxes in the last year....about £75k in stamp duty (dont start me off), the remainder in VAT, my PAYE which runs into the thousands, VAT, corporation tax, council tax, car tax etc etc...

so I think Ive done my bit for the UK and the system seeing as I havent been to the doctors in years, have private health care and pay for dental treatment...

Tell me, all of you who are saying we deserve to be pursued, how much tax have you paid in the last year? I would guess its not as much as me (in most cases)....
                  I think this Wesley Snipes had similar motivations. 'I make loadsa money me, I've paid enough tax already'.

Mr Snipes is serving three years.

Comment

bradley how do you know if it will or wont wash with inspectors....very interesting....

Comment

dude69 where did u get that from? are u in the scheme?

Comment

Working...
                      X