• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BN66 - Time to fight back!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said Malvolio.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Jeez, just listen to yourselves. Take a look out of the window...

Many people - and I have said before that I am not one of them - do not understand other people who think they can work here, get paid here and not pay taxes here. Don't shoot the f***ing messenger.

The illegality of the tax law "change" and your perceived position as tax-evading scumbags in the eyes of the many* are not mutually inclusive.

* including, may I add, quite a few PCG members when I floated the idea over there of supporting your cause...
      quite frankly I dont give a stuff who thinks morally I am wrong for using this scheme....we all have different morals, I chose my route others chose theirs...and that holyer than thou attitude really gets on my T*TS

isnt judgementalism a great trait..maybe if there was less of it the world might be a nicer place to live. forming judgements on peoples actions and classifying people as a group of "tax evading scumbags" without firstly knowing the facts, their reasons or the extent is no different to grouping people on the basis of any other form of perceived prejudice.
      Last edited by smalldog; 31 July 2008, 13:31.

Comment

Jeez, just listen to yourselves. Take a look out of the window...

Many people - and I have said before that I am not one of them - do not understand other people who think they can work here, get paid here and not pay taxes here. Don't shoot the f***ing messenger.

The illegality of the tax law "change" and your perceived position as tax-evading scumbags in the eyes of the many* are not mutually inclusive.

* including, may I add, quite a few PCG members when I floated the idea over there of supporting your cause...
        When are you going to stop posting this nonsense? This is totally off topic - we already did the morals of payiong tax thread and you got a good shoeing. Care to ressurect it and take another one?

If there is a loophole we should use it. There was and we did. HMRC are totally inefficient morons(hello Mr Brannigan ) - about time they behaved properly.

And while we are off topic I read your link to the PCG pdf link about the tax stuff. The PCG calls on the goverenment to have a totally transparent tax system. yeah right. pig squadron alert.

I do wish you would f**k off from this thread. seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
          quite frankly I dont give a stuff who thinks morally I am wrong for using this scheme....we all have different morals, I chose my route others chose theirs...and that holyer than thou attitude really gets on my T*TS

isnt judgementalism a great trait..maybe if there was less of it the world might be a nicer place to live. forming judgements on peoples actions and classifying people as a group of "tax evading scumbags" without firstly knowing the facts, their reasons or the extent is no different to grouping people on the basis of any other form of perceived prejudice.
          We already did the morals on another thread - everyone with any sense (i.e. those apart from Mal, Bradley & gooner) agreed we have a moral duty to minimize our tax.

If anyone paid any attention to Mal we would all implement IR35.

When we win we shall meet up and open a bottle of champagne - Mal is welcome to join us for a glass - its on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            Well said Malvolio.
            Hello Mr Brannigan

Comment

See you later, Mr Pad!
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Hmmm. Really can't imagine why these guys aren't getting the sympathy vote...

For the last time, read my lips, take off your batman capes and f***ing listen - I'm telling what people think, not what I think. If you want to defeat the measure, you need public support and guess what; in a time of rising taxes and general belt-tightening doom and gloom, you ain't got it. Equally MP are, like any business, protecting their own reputation and profits, you are merely the means to that end and they really don't give a stuff about your personal losses.

If you don't like the truth then fine. If you win, then also fine and I'll be the first to celebrate someone kicking HMRC in the teeth. But until then, do try and keep in touch with reality.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

For the last time, read my lips, take off your batman capes and f***ing listen - I'm telling what people think, not what I think. If you want to defeat the measure, you need public support and guess what; in a time of rising taxes and general belt-tightening doom and gloom, you ain't got it. Equally MP are, like any business, protecting their own reputation and profits, you are merely the means to that end and they really don't give a stuff about your personal losses.

If you don't like the truth then fine. If you win, then also fine and I'll be the first to celebrate someone kicking HMRC in the teeth. But until then, do try and keep in touch with reality.
                  Mal,

As ever, your points are well made. Your views do nothing but introduce a dose of much needed reality onto this thread. Unfortunately, however, the majority of posters on here prefer to exist in a state of blind ignorance.

To the rest of you, can't you understand that Mal is not luxuriating in your pain but trying to help you???? Believe it or not, the majority of the British public who are struggling their way through the recent economic unpleasantness would identify you as "tax-evading scumbags" and I struggle to find any logical reason why they shouldn't.

Oh, and Smalldog, I know you have your own morals, please don't bother trotting them out again for us...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    See you later, Mr Pad!
                    Not if I see you first

Comment

I dont care what anyone thinks - except the judges involved in the judicial review.

MP's reputation and profits depend on us not making personal losses.

"the truth" is your version of it. You keep changing your tune - but you seem to have some sort of hidden agenda about creating a contractor union . Well have put more people up cranes than I care to remember - I can tell you it is easier to herd cats than contractors. That is "the truth". I know you wont like it.

Comment

Working...
                      X