• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unacceptable aggression on CUK

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
    You seem to be posting baseless facts then.
    There are 5 of you, 9 of us. You are part of the minority. What's baseless?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      There are 5 of you, 9 of us. You are part of the minority. What's baseless?
      Duh, there's a lot more than 14 people using the forum, the other 532523 are ignoring it because they are professional and mature. Silence speaks more than words...

Two words - 'bigger picture'.
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Anyway, this is going nowhere.. what's needed to be said has been said, good luck hitting F5 in the hope of more tit-for-tat, I'm finished.

Comment

Anyway, this is going nowhere.. what's needed to be said has been said, good luck hitting F5 in the hope of more tit-for-tat, I'm finished.
          Hah. Just 'cos you have to bow before my superior logic. And it's "Silence speaks LOUDER than words". Though you're wrong. All you've pointed out is that 532507 people were not bothered.

I'll revise the stats:

Unacceptable: 5
          Acceptable: 9
          Others: (BrilloPad and Diver) 2 + 532507

See - still a minority. The VAST majority of people don't think it's too aggressive or immature etc.
          Last edited by NotAllThere; 17 February 2008, 19:01.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My personal experiences are a lot of really useful advice and information, and amusing banter from the majority.

I have however had some very abusive posts in my direction, which is not a nice welcome as a new person on a forum.

If people do not have a constructive reply, why not say nothing as opposed to a sarcastic opinion?

Some replies have an air of familiriarity which is very unfounded.

It does not take much to ease off before thinking about the post you are about to make, and how it may make the reader feel.

Note that this applies to a minority - as other said, it really does appear that they were abused at school - whatever the cause, do please think about if you would say what you are about to say in person. Kind of like road rage as opposed to a friendly apology when walking.....

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
              I get paid £550+vat/day to be professional. If anyone wants to pay me that to post on here, I will gladly do the same.

In the mean time, people asking sensible questions will probably get sensible answers, and those asking stupid questions and then ignoring the advice will continue to get attitude.
              Not a healthy attutude to take.

There is a person on this forum who is had got an interview from my current client - personally I would not entertaining doing the same for you with theh attitude you are giving to people.

Forums are often not seen as the real world. How wrong and short sighted - this is a networking arena for what we do as a living, not just some forum over a hobby.

Also, why should anyone care you are on £550 a day? Could not give a monkeys if you are on a hundred or a grand.

Comment

your problems which clearly stem from an unfortunate life ... You strike me as the kind of person who has lived a life of conflict and cannot handle rational discussion without resorting to the need to insult and undermine people, for this I pity you in some respect, but feel happy that you must live this way as a punishment for the problem you pose to society in general.
                Chris, I'd suggest avoiding kitchen sink psycho-analysis. It really does look foolish and frankly is no better than anyone who cares to characterize you - something which you clearly object to.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Hah. Just 'cos you have to bow before my superior logic. And it's "Silence speaks LOUDER than words". Though you're wrong. All you've pointed out is that 532507 people were not bothered.

I'll revise the stats:

Unacceptable: 5
                  Acceptable: 9
                  Others: (BrilloPad and Diver) 2 + 532507

See - still a minority. The VAST majority of people don't think it's too aggressive or immature etc.
                  I really do think there should be a poll on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    Come on guys, ease up!

You were newbie contractors once, and probably asked a lot of questions that probably appear stupid to the more intiated amongst us.

It's really not fair to ridicule them, or put them dow, as if they're complete ignorant numpties that should know better than to grace this forum with 'their daft offerings.' A lot of people may well be put off by joining this forum or asking highly relevant questions for their own circumstances.

By all means make some reference for standard answers, if they can help, but just remember that newbie insecurities will inevitably elicit a feeling of extra caution about what they see is a scary leap into the dark and so they would rather ensure answers are up to date and relevant to their own particular concerns by asking them again and getting tailored answers. That's normal human behaviour not the outpourings of a numpty.

So be nice guys!

Just a quick question...

Who the fuq voted you in as "head shed"?

The last time I read the title of this forum it said "The IT Contractor Portal". There is enough information on this forum to help people if they'll only help themselves. What they don't need is lessons and requests from a patronising bint like yourself. Have you been banned from the PCG forum?

Comment

Nice attitude Churchill, this thread is about people just like you.

Comment

Working...
                      X