• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transfer of One Share edit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer of One Share edit

Hi,

I set up a limited company at Companies House with 1 share. I now want to transfer that share to my daughter.

The company has never traded and the share is worthless.

Do I need to fill out a stock transfer form and send it to HMRC? Can I do the whole thing on the Companies House website and is it form SH01?

It's as clear as mud to me but then I'm a bit out of practice.

TIA

...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

(mod note: I added the word "edit" to the title to get the thread to post, but if I remove it, the thread goes back into error)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Since this is 100% of the shares, I think you'd need form PSC04:
      Give notice of change of details for person with significant control (PSC04) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
      However, I haven't been through this process, so there might also be other steps involved.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to transfer the share? Is it to save the cost of setting up a new company?

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
        Since this is 100% of the shares, I think you'd need form PSC04:
        Give notice of change of details for person with significant control (PSC04) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
        However, I haven't been through this process, so there might also be other steps involved.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to transfer the share? Is it to save the cost of setting up a new company?
        All of this is sorted now - thank you for the reply. I'd done the PSC change. Apparently all I need to do is file when I do the company returns as there's no tax due.

The reason for doing things this way - my daughter was on gardening leave so had to be hands off until that had finished. I could do the set-up etc for her new venture without breach of contract. Now she's a free agent I'm handing over to her.

...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

All of this is sorted now - thank you for the reply. I'd done the PSC change. Apparently all I need to do is file when I do the company returns as there's no tax due.

The reason for doing things this way - my daughter was on gardening leave so had to be hands off until that had finished. I could do the set-up etc for her new venture without breach of contract. Now she's a free agent I'm handing over to her.
          Just to add to this, if your original intention was to simply bagsy the company name for when she was out of restrictive covenant, the alternative would have been to do what you originally did, get her to setup a brand new company solely in her name under a different company name then do a simultaneous name change at companies house.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig@Clarity View Post

Just to add to this, if your original intention was to simply bagsy the company name for when she was out of restrictive covenant, the alternative would have been to do what you originally did, get her to setup a brand new company solely in her name under a different company name then do a simultaneous name change at companies house.
            Smarty pants
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X