• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone recommend an international money transfer service?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend an international money transfer service?

I've already got an account with Western Union but this doesn't allow you to specify a reference. I need to include an order number, as a reference, in a transfer I'm doing to a company in France.

Can anyone recommend any other services (eg. Xe, WorldRemit)?

Thanks.

Will your own bank not allow you to do it?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You use Wise because you don't want to pay twice or 3 times for the same thing (process charge (posslbly 1 at each end) and a crap exchange rate).

However I don't think this works in the case as the chief benefit of wise is here is my Euro bank details here are my UK ones...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I've had enough problems with my bank just transferring money to savings accounts in the UK. I did an international transfer to Spain with them once for a villa rental. Ended up having to go into a branch, and it was a right PITA.

Comment

Wise is easiest.

For business transfers I use Moneycorp nowadays as Wise, while technically very good, no longer compete on rates and you cannot negotiate with a human. Still, you will probably get 0.5% costs all in, versus 2-3% with a highstreet bank. If you're transferring large sums over a long period, I'd recommend Moneycorp. For personal transfers or small amounts, I'd stick with Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            However I don't think this works in the case as the chief benefit of wise is here is my Euro bank details here are my UK ones...
            I don't see why not. If you want to exchange at the Wise rate and pay in Euros, you simply transfer from your Wise GBP account to your Wise Euro account and then pay from your Wise Euro account, adding whatever reference you want.

Comment

+1 Wise

Comment

I used to use UKForex, which is now OFX, when I was working in the Netherlands. I found it to be a fast and excellent service, although this was 10 years ago now.

Comment

+2 Wise
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                  X