• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd Payment Arrears Terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Payment Arrears Terms

Moved from General.

Originally posted by JeremyCK View Post
    I have just started with an agency, and their payment terms are a month in arrears. But instead of receiving payment for the previous month worked they only pay for the week 1 of the first month worked. And then from each week payment is received weekly (but in stresses)

this seems odd to me as usually a month in arrears I would expect to receive payment of the full Previous month worked in a lump sum the start of the following month.

They appear immovable on these terms which I will need to somehow get changed.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

That seems reasonable enough. If you're submitting a weekly timesheet then you'll get paid for each week separately.

Comment

AMS by any chance?

Comment

Basically you submit each weekly timesheet and wait a month for it to be paid.

Not unusual.

Remember agencies frequently get paid after you.

I've done short contracts where the agency has contacted me weeks after they have paid me because the client are disputing the days I've worked. Unfortunately for the client if I think they are sneaky I always have evidence of the days I've done.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What everyone says

It's weekly timesheets with monthly payment terms - which is now incredibly common and way better than monthly timesheets with monthly ayment terms.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X