• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Free business account option now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post

Sterling need all this documents asper their website.?? So doesn't seems to be pain free start!
    • Signed agreements/contracts --??
    • Proof of membership to an industry body ---?
    • Qualifications, registrations or licences --?
    • A decision in principle/solicitor documentation --?
    • Proof of property ownership/land registry documents --?
    • Lease agreement --?
    • Bank statements
    I'm with Starling, I don't recall having to provide all what you listed, as far as I remember the opening process was easy and quick.

Comment

Originally posted by chineseJohn View Post

I'm with Starling, I don't recall having to provide all what you listed, as far as I remember the opening process was easy and quick.
      agreed should be a simple sign up which is one of the points of these 'challenger' banks

Has some more info here on starling sign up https://www.contractoruk.com/money/f...k_account.html

Comment

Originally posted by chineseJohn View Post

Same here. I think it took 45 minutes from start to finish.
        SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Looking into the free Free Agent business account options...

Mettle vs Natwest business acc vs RBS business account

The trustpilot scores or Natwest and RBS are of course dire, but that would be down to unhappy personal banking customers.
          Mettle's rating is a lot higher but they are newer and they are also getting poor reviews now (although maybe people pretending to be sole traders.. etc)

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/mettle.co.uk?page=1

Has anyone here had problems with the Mettle business account? (Similar question or anyone with an RBS/Natwest business account?)

(Mettle also has no business savings account)
          NatWest Business Banking RBS Business Banking Mettle Business Banking
          Pros
          • Free banking for 18 months for new businesses and startups.
          • Easily manage your account 24/7 on the app and on the desktop.
          • Several current accounts and savings account options are available for different business types and sizes.
          • Low monthly account fee (even for larger businesses).
          Cons
          • Problems with online banking have caused problems for customers.
          • Reviewers are frequently frustrated with account management over the phone and on the app.
          Pros
          • 24 months’ free banking for new businesses.
          • Range of products with different perks and features.
          • Current account scored well for quality of mobile banking in an independent survey.
          Cons
          • Extra charges for many everyday account transactions.
          • Poor ratings across various review sites.
          Pros
          • It’s free and includes some essential features.
          • Smart, intuitive app that’s easy to manage 24/7.
          • Backed by a big bank, which is an important trust signal for some businesses.
          Cons
          • Mettle is really new and it sounds like it could be difficult for some businesses to get approval for an account.
          • Features are limited compared to some online banks.

Comment

Mettle..... Gah.... pissing me right off...

Had an email telling me my debit card was due to expire. And to cancel and request via the app.
            That failed.
            Support weren't much use but did order me a replacement card on the end.

But now I cannot make any payments from Mettle. Still waiting for support.....; Don't get this sh1te with Cater Allen
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I gave up trying to open an account with Mettle. What ever documentation I sent to open an account, they kept asking for it again. Apparently whatever I sent wasn't legible to them. I gave up. Admittedly it was quite early days for them and covid was with us, if that made any difference. The other thing was that they couldn't process any foreign currencies. In the end I went with (Transfer)Wise who were excellent to deal with, really easy,
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

seems the fookers have closed the account.
                Apparently they've been asking for details about my wife since she became a director last year (which is bollocks as she became a director 5 years ago, long before I opened a Mettle account).

got £50k in there.... bastards
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  seems the fookers have closed the account.
                  Apparently they've been asking for details about my wife since she became a director last year (which is bollocks as she became a director 5 years ago, long before I opened a Mettle account).

got £50k in there.... bastards
                  Oh dear. Hope the money is somewhere where you can access it. Sounds like I was being too optimistic when I thought Mettle were just useless because they were new at the time I applied and gave up.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Oh dear. Hope the money is somewhere where you can access it. Sounds like I was being too optimistic when I thought Mettle were just useless because they were new at the time I applied and gave up.
                    sorted now.
                    My wife needed to get the Mettle app and register. Once that was done, and her ID verified the account was activated again.

Annoying as this should have been done when I opened the account years ago.

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X