• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial advisor (pensions, savings etc)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take care not to overstep the mark Ben…
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMortgageSquad View Post

Happy to put you in touch with an IFA firm we recommend to our clients (I only deal with mortgages and protection so we refer our clients looking for pension, investment and tax planning advice onto another firm). They are a franchise of St James Place and I have only ever had positive feedback when I have referred clients to them in the past. Feel free to pop me a DM and I can pass your details on to them if you wish.

Kind Regards

Ben
      I suggest that recommendation of St James Place here is inappropriate. Members at CUK generally do our best for other members. Recommendation of SJP is possibly the worst advice anyone here could get. They are expensive, difficult to leave without paying questionable exit charges and their investment performance is amongst the worst out there. Their self employed agents can only sell St James Place products. They are salespeople, they are not financial advisors.

I would never use anyone to make investments for me. But for anyone wanting and adviser, always search for an Independent Financial Adviser, IFA. And check them out the FCA register to make sure they are fully authorised for the advice you require.

Even better, educate yourself enough to not need an advisor. All the information is out there. HTH.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Take care not to overstep the mark Ben…
        Please refer my comments above. If an IFA is requested in the OP, SJP are absolutely not IFAs and should not be recommended. There is nothing independent about SJP's self employed sales people.
        Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 27 January 2023, 08:35.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X