• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expense management app / software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expense management app / software

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone has used any good expense management software or mobile apps?

Ideally can scan receipts and allocate to projects.

Have come across companies like COINS, Causeway, and Eque2, but quite expensive and I don’t think they do this.

Thanks for your help!

FreeAgent....

Unless you're looking for some software for a non-contractor business. In which case maybe put some requirements down.

Last edited by Lance; 5 July 2022, 07:55.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Plenty of threads on this already.
      https://www.google.com/search?q=scan...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Mess about with the keyword search to find other threads.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What do you actually need? Do you use accounting software into which these expenses will feed so that a payment can be generated and reports about project profitability will be produced? If so then you need to look at plug ins that work with your accounting software.

Comment

As Lance said, FreeAgent can assign bills and expenses to projects:
          How to add costs to a project – FreeAgent

What are you using for your book keeping at the moment (if anything)?

I don't wish to appear cynical, but this reminds me of a similar discussion from a month ago:
          best invoicing apps? - Contractor UK Bulletin Board
          (In that scenario, new member A asked "What should I use?" then new member B popped up to say "Our app is great!", then the mods closed the thread.)

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
            As Lance said, FreeAgent can assign bills and expenses to projects:
            How to add costs to a project – FreeAgent

What are you using for your book keeping at the moment (if anything)?

I don't wish to appear cynical, but this reminds me of a similar discussion from a month ago:
            best invoicing apps? - Contractor UK Bulletin Board
            (In that scenario, new member A asked "What should I use?" then new member B popped up to say "Our app is great!", then the mods closed the thread.)
            That was my though as well. I had expected a linkie by now though.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Thanks, this is all super helpful. It’s for a non contractor business, I don’t use any software or applications at the moment.

I was also wondering whether there are any construction accounting standards that aren’t available in FreeAgent? Do you think this product serves you well enough?

Comment

Originally posted by HS94 View Post
                Thanks, this is all super helpful. It’s for a non contractor business, I don’t use any software or applications at the moment.

I was also wondering whether there are any construction accounting standards that aren’t available in FreeAgent? Do you think this product serves you well enough?
                There are plenty of guides on the freeagent site about the CIS scheme if that's what you mean. E.g
                https://support.freeagent.com/hc/en-...s-a-contractor

If you've any specific questions of concerns there should be other guides that cover it.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Got it. Thank you.

I think having one integrated platform for all this would be more helpful than bank to FreeAgent etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X