• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD and Free Agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHamp82 View Post

Do you research, ring them up and speak to the accountant so that you know who you will be dealing with and how your queries will be handled. One of the good thing among others I like about Gorilla is that I get direct access to my accountant.

Happy to share my referral if you are interested.
    Hmmm… Anyone would think that you’re only on this forum to promote that accountant…
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Hmmm… Anyone would think that you’re only on this forum to promote that accountant…
      Not really. Have you not seen the post I replied to? I am using their service and like it so what is wrong in suggesting this to others?

Comment

Not really. Have you not seen the post I replied to? I am using their service and like it so what is wrong in suggesting this to others?
        Could be the phrase "share my referral" indicate a degree of bias?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Could be the phrase "share my referral" indicate a degree of bias?
          Well others who recommend them have used similar phrases as well?

Comment

Well others who recommend them have used similar phrases as well?
            And that makes it right?

Recommendations should be entirely impartial and not imply - even vaguely - some kind of reward or recompense for giving one.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

And that makes it right?

Recommendations should be entirely impartial and not imply - even vaguely - some kind of reward or recompense for giving one.
              I agree and won't use similar phrase again but my point was that they haven't been picked up on, just me.

Comment

I agree and won't use similar phrase again but my point was that they haven't been picked up on, just me.
                If you are being paid for referrals you should make that 100% clear.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Do you research, ring them up and speak to the accountant so that you know who you will be dealing with and how your queries will be handled. One of the good thing among others I like about Gorilla is that I get direct access to my accountant.

Happy to share my referral if you are interested.
                  Thanks, I approached Gorilla a year ago & SJD gave me a discount when I said I was off. They've put it back up since & service has been dire!

Comment

I agree with those that say move away from SJD. I had awful service for ages. Then, one day, after chasing my accountant for weeks for a telephone meet to review a few things, he finally said that I should not expect to get too much access to him... after all, he is a Senior Accountant and has many other duties! Well, I guess I didn't feel as honoured as he thought I should and told them to shove it.

FreeAgent is good though.

Comment

Working...
                    X