• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aldermore ups interest rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aldermore ups interest rates

A bit of good news, Aldermore have upped their easy access interest rate from 0.5% to a whopping 0.75% (which is probably in itself the best on the market), and backdated to March 25

I wouldn't give them more than £85k though, if you're fortunate enough to do so.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Don't spend the interest all at once.......
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Don't spend the interest all at once.......
      Doesn't sound like a lot, but cash deposited this way up to the FSCS limit would earn £53 a month interest, enough to halve your accountancy costs for example.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Doesn't sound like a lot, but cash deposited this way up to the FSCS limit would earn £53 a month interest, enough to halve your accountancy costs for example.
        Fair comment.

I own shares in a few energy companies and the dividends pay my energy bills. Similar line of thinking.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

You can now get a whopping 1.5% easy access from Chase for your non-business banking!

But, yeah, rates are heading up, gradually.

Comment

yep I'm using the HL Active savings - not quite 1.5 for easy access, but definitely worth a look

Comment

It's the only income MyCo has at the moment
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

1% now, let the good times roll!
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  But, yeah, rates are heading up, gradually.
                  Just like inflation

Comment

A bit of good news, Aldermore have upped their easy access interest rate from 0.5% to a whopping 0.75% (which is probably in itself the best on the market), and backdated to March 25

I wouldn't give them more than £85k though, if you're fortunate enough to do so.

Hello PerfectStorm

I was thinking about opening a new business saving account (now I use MetroBank and the interest they give is almost zero).

At the moment I see 2 that have a good interest rate:

Aldermore 1.25%
                    https://www.aldermore.co.uk/business...s/easy-access/

Virgin 1%
                    https://uk.virginmoney.com/business/...ess%20accounts

Personally I had a bad experience with Virgin Broadband and the support team. Don't know about this bank.

Why do you say "I wouldn't give them more than £85k though"? Is it because Aldermore is not a good bank or crappy?

Do you have any other recommendation?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X