• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Aldermore ups interest rates"

Collapse

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Virgin do faster transfers than Aldermore - 10 mins vs 2 hours/overnight.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricardo19ip View Post

Hello PerfectStorm

I was thinking about opening a new business saving account (now I use MetroBank and the interest they give is almost zero).

At the moment I see 2 that have a good interest rate:

Aldermore 1.25%
    https://www.aldermore.co.uk/business...s/easy-access/

Virgin 1%
    https://uk.virginmoney.com/business/...ess%20accounts

Personally I had a bad experience with Virgin Broadband and the support team. Don't know about this bank.

Why do you say "I wouldn't give them more than £85k though"? Is it because Aldermore is not a good bank or crappy?

Do you have any other recommendation?

Thanks a lot.
    £85k is simply the government compensation limit if a UK registered bank goes belly up. It's perhaps something to bear in mind when seeking off the High Street accounts.

You might recall what happened when the Icelandic banks arrived here offering tempting interest rates. It didn't end well. To be clear though, I am not directly comparing Aldermore to those failed overseas based banks.

Leave a comment:

• Ricardo19ip
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    A bit of good news, Aldermore have upped their easy access interest rate from 0.5% to a whopping 0.75% (which is probably in itself the best on the market), and backdated to March 25

I wouldn't give them more than £85k though, if you're fortunate enough to do so.

Hello PerfectStorm

I was thinking about opening a new business saving account (now I use MetroBank and the interest they give is almost zero).

At the moment I see 2 that have a good interest rate:

Aldermore 1.25%
    https://www.aldermore.co.uk/business...s/easy-access/

Virgin 1%
    https://uk.virginmoney.com/business/...ess%20accounts

Personally I had a bad experience with Virgin Broadband and the support team. Don't know about this bank.

Why do you say "I wouldn't give them more than £85k though"? Is it because Aldermore is not a good bank or crappy?

Do you have any other recommendation?

Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• chineseJohn
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    But, yeah, rates are heading up, gradually.
    Just like inflation

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    1% now, let the good times roll!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Doesn't sound like a lot, but cash deposited this way up to the FSCS limit would earn £53 a month interest, enough to halve your accountancy costs for example.
    It's the only income MyCo has at the moment

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    yep I'm using the HL Active savings - not quite 1.5 for easy access, but definitely worth a look

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    You can now get a whopping 1.5% easy access from Chase for your non-business banking!

But, yeah, rates are heading up, gradually.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied

Doesn't sound like a lot, but cash deposited this way up to the FSCS limit would earn £53 a month interest, enough to halve your accountancy costs for example.
    Fair comment.

I own shares in a few energy companies and the dividends pay my energy bills. Similar line of thinking.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Don't spend the interest all at once.......

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Don't spend the interest all at once.......

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    started a topic Aldermore ups interest rates

Aldermore ups interest rates

A bit of good news, Aldermore have upped their easy access interest rate from 0.5% to a whopping 0.75% (which is probably in itself the best on the market), and backdated to March 25

I wouldn't give them more than £85k though, if you're fortunate enough to do so.

Working...
X