• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Group action against Optionis Group data breach

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group action against Optionis Group data breach

https://kellerlenkner-databreach.co.uk/parasol-group/

Anybody signed up for this?

Do what thou wilt

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    I am fortunately not affected by this. But anything that keeps the pressure on these incompetent companies has to be a very good thing indeed.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Same outfit also mentioned in this thread

https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbr...ml#post2919942

Might as well sign up for compensation for the Easyjet, Ryanair and whatever breaches the ambulance chasers can find while you are at it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

That is a spectacularly bad website. Ambulance chasing at its best.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

My understanding is that there isn't really such a thing as a "class action" in the UK. Don't think you're going to get a bazillion dollars for this. The ambulance-chasing lawyers will take their cut (if they manage to win) so I imagine you might get fifteen quid at the end of the day.

Think about it.

Comment

I can see why people are upset as this direct affects them but I'll bet nearly everyone looking at this claims thing has been a victim of other data breaches but no one is batting an eye at them.

Check haveIbeenpwnd and I'll bet there are many more places you've lost data and aren't going down this route.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I can see why people are upset as this direct affects them but I'll bet nearly everyone looking at this claims thing has been a victim of other data breaches but no one is batting an eye at them.

Check haveIbeenpwnd and I'll bet there are many more places you've lost data and aren't going down this route.
              Very likely.

I've signed up with CIFAS and Experian ID check. No much else I can do really except, as always, be alert.
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
              X