• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The final straw for my 10 year SJD relationship

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The final straw for my 10 year SJD relationship

In light of the data breach news (that I heard from through the ContractUK news feed!), I've decided to finally end my relationship with SJD.

The first few honeymoon years were good, then things went stale. We hit a ruff patch during some trying times and finally after 6 accountants, it's time to move on.

I'm currently trying to get my end of accounts processed, my financial year ends in June so I've now been waiting over 6 months for them to process my books. It's just too much.

Question: Would it be prudent to redact my accountants access to my Xero account in light of the data breach? Or am I overacting?
    Wibble

You should have left SJD years ago. The service has been reported as being awful on here for many many years so it was only a matter of time it got this bad.

Bit late to bother removing their access. Get a new one and get the handover starts ASAP! Expect SJD to charge you and not do any handover work that is required.

6 months has been normal in SJD for a decade. If you want it done early you have to pay for it.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Better late than never. A lot more people need to leave these dreadful companies and drive them out of business.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I've been extremely lazy in ditching them. Shouldn't stay in these one sided relationships this long. When will I ever learn...

Anyway, emails have been sent and I await some phone calls...
        Wibble

Comment

Originally posted by Cr1spy View Post
          I've been extremely lazy in ditching them. Shouldn't stay in these one sided relationships this long. When will I ever learn...

Ring them. Don't dick about waiting for emails when you've already told us (although we all know) their service is crap.

Comment

You won't get one. Rin gthem up and keep ringing. It took me five tries to get them to remove my contact details after I left them a few years back, after which they were still sending in RTI reports to HMRC meaning they thought I had double my actual income. All that was done by emails, winding up with the CEO and threatening GPDR prosecutions.

And no hint of an apology either
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

In light of the data breach news (that I heard from through the ContractUK news feed!), I've decided to finally end my relationship with SJD.

The first few honeymoon years were good, then things went stale. We hit a ruff patch during some trying times and finally after 6 accountants, it's time to move on.

I'm currently trying to get my end of accounts processed, my financial year ends in June so I've now been waiting over 6 months for them to process my books. It's just too much.

Question: Would it be prudent to redact my accountants access to my Xero account in light of the data breach? Or am I overacting?
              Like others have said, you should have left them ages ago. I won't simply rely on email alone. I would ring them up and speak to your account manager to get this communicated.

Below is a list of recommended accountant in case you haven't looked at it yet.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-requests.html

Comment

I still don't understand the concept where people are angry and want something doing now.... so send an email. Maybe I'm just old.

Comment

I was referring to reaching out to new accountants via email. Haven't even attempted to have the awkward conversation with SJD yet. Didn't want to jeopardise my chance of getting them to complete the work I have paid for and supply my EOY accounts.

It's hard enough to get them to complete the work while I'm a customer. I don't imagine that it will be easier once I stop paying.
                  Wibble

Comment

I was referring to reaching out to new accountants via email. Haven't even attempted to have the awkward conversation with SJD yet. Didn't want to jeopardise my chance of getting them to complete the work I have paid for and supply my EOY accounts.

It's hard enough to get them to complete the work while I'm a customer. I don't imagine that it will be easier once I stop paying.
                    At least make it clear to them you are on the verge of leaving. You might be right if they know you are going but if they've any hint of customer retention they should pull their finger out. But this is SJD we are talking about though. But at least make it known you are a very unhappy customer on the verge of leaving and a few phone calls might help that. Emails don't.

Comment

Working...
                    X