• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Plus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPSE Plus

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting IPSE + for the Tax cover- not really IR35 but general peace of mind. I can see there are other benefits and would welcome people who currently have the membership providing feedback on the non Tax stuff.

I think they use Perkbox but cannot see what you can do or what you get. For example can you buy discounted vouchers as you can on other reward sites? Are there any restrictions on the amount you can buy (to try to get as much back as you can!).

Although I can find some older posts I cannot really see anything recent.

Any other comments welcome.

Thanks

There was a thread about this last week, where ladymuck specifically commented on Perkbox:

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I can't remember how you set up your Perkbox account (it may be SSO) but you go here https://ipse.perkbox.com/welcome/login (you may need to log into IPSE first then find the link under View Benefits / Your Exclusive Discounts / IPSE Rewards). You essentially buy gift vouchers for, say Currys, when you need to buy something and you'll pay 7.5% less for that gift voucher.

Comment

Thank you, must have missed that one!

Are all the vouchers at 7.5% off, I assume it varies.

Do people use any of the other benefits?

Comment

The discount varies with some retailers being more generous than others.

Perkbox has a limit of 10 vouchers per transaction but with voucher denominations being up to (IIRC) £500 you're not really limited.

Comment

ladymuck Thank you. Would you say the £330 is worth it?

I think it is but great to get people opinion who actually have it.

Comment

Overall, it's worth it. I don't agree with their lobbying efforts, but a pure value-for-money analysis suggests the benefits are worth the costs, i.e., you couldn't seek out the same benefits in isolation from various providers for less than the overall cost of membership. Alongside the headline benefits like agency/client failure cover (£10,000), tax investigation cover etc., there's a surprising number of smaller benefits with IPSE+ that add up, like £5000 life assurance cover (automatic/"free").

Comment

Whilst I don't think all their benefits are benefits (death in service cover, or if you're off hospital for 2 weeks we'll give you tuppence ha'penny....)

If you buy all your supermarket shopping with their vouchers and use their 10% hotel discount on the big resellers it's just about worth it. Plus, I've been investigated, and they were great for that too.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

At the end of the day it's an insurance package and, like all insurances, its value to you is determined by your attitude to the risks the package is covering.

There's things like perkbox and a few other bits that help you offset the cost of membership if you choose to make use of them but they're only good if they relate to things you'd do anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  At the end of the day it's an insurance package and, like all insurances, its value to you is determined by your attitude to the risks the package is covering.

There's things like perkbox and a few other bits that help you offset the cost of membership if you choose to make use of them but they're only good if they relate to things you'd do anyway.
                  Agreed, but I know people who have covered a couple of years' membership costs with Jury Service cover, and one ex-chairman claims to have used Perkbox well enough to pay for ten years' worth...

Never used either in my case, to be fair, but then I haven't needed to. Bit like most benefits in fact.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Agreed, but I know people who have covered a couple of years' membership costs with Jury Service cover, and one ex-chairman claims to have used Perkbox well enough to pay for ten years' worth...

Never used either in my case, to be fair, but then I haven't needed to. Bit like most benefits in fact.
                    Do you not use a supermarket for food? I reckon most people could at least use that
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X