• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Plus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Do you not use a supermarket for food? I reckon most people could at least use that
    I think you have to pre-purchase vouchers or something in order to get ~5% off. If you can be fecked, I suppose. But I guess that is how it works more generally too - personally, I cannot be fecked with purchasing vouchers.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

I think you have to pre-purchase vouchers or something in order to get ~5% off. If you can be fecked, I suppose. But I guess that is how it works more generally too - personally, I cannot be fecked with purchasing vouchers.
      yeah I print vouchers that I use at Tesco express. Saves 4% I think, but also makes paying very easy - wave the voucher in front of the scanner. Probably save 50-100 a year using it (more if I could persuade Mr ms that paying with vouchers doesn't make us look desperate!), plus a big purchase or two from curry's, + the odd MGM amazon voucher

https://www.ipse.co.uk/joinme/066626/ for £50 off for you, and £50 for me

Comment

Do you not use a supermarket for food? I reckon most people could at least use that
        I have to admit to being very lazy and I don't pre-buy the vouchers for day to day spending. I only occasionally remember about Perkbox for other spending too.

Comment

Yes you do but you can make it very easy on yourself - don't buy the vouchers to-order per shop, buy the maximum amount (e.g. £500 sainsburies) and store it in the Wallet app on your phone or Books app or similar as a PDF. You then just scan that, drawing down as you go, until you need your next £500 block.

Saving £5 on £100 is the same as picking up a fiver off the pavement each time you do it - and I bet you wouldn't ignore that.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Yes you do but you can make it very easy on yourself - don't buy the vouchers to-order per shop, buy the maximum amount (e.g. £500 sainsburies) and store it in the Wallet app on your phone or Books app or similar as a PDF. You then just scan that, drawing down as you go, until you need your next £500 block.

Saving £5 on £100 is the same as picking up a fiver off the pavement each time you do it - and I bet you wouldn't ignore that.
            Each to their own, but your analogy doesn’t work. I don’t like wasting money, but I can’t be bothered with that level of nonsense to save 5%. Technically, they could probably implement something much simpler like registering a card with Perkbox.

Comment

Each to their own, but your analogy doesn’t work. I don’t like wasting money, but I can’t be bothered with that level of nonsense to save 5%. Technically, they could probably implement something much simpler like registering a card with Perkbox.
              That exists for certain suppliers - I got £20 in my perkbox wallet from my Christmas vino purchase (which I then used to purchase a tesco voucher...)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

That exists for certain suppliers - I got £20 in my perkbox wallet from my Christmas vino purchase (which I then used to purchase a tesco voucher...)
                If they went this route more generally, I would register (and then probably never spend the winnings ) because that is close to zero effort, which is where it needs to be.

Comment

Saving money nearly always involves effort. If it were zero effort, we'd all do it.

That's why retailers issue vouchers or discount codes that you have to actively remember to use rather than automatically applying discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    If it were zero effort, we'd all do it.
                    I refer you to "close".

Obviously, YMMV. Personally, I would rather focusing on what's coming in than what's going out.

Comment

I refer you to "close".

Obviously, YMMV. Personally, I would rather focusing on what's coming in than what's going out.
                      As you can tell from my posts above, I don't exactly go out of my way to chase down the savings either

Comment

Working...
                      X