• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MTD VAT deadline

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTD VAT deadline

I have read conflicting timescales for submitting VAT accounts from an approved software package where the company turnover is less than the threshold of £85k.

FYI I work as a mix as contractor and working on my own designs in my own premises with a turnover sub £85k.

Currently my accounts are carried out in Excel and I submit an online VAT return every 3 months, the next one would be after April 2022 which is a date on the HMRC website as a deadline for non MTD VAT returns.

Can anyone assist on a definitive deadline, as I have read from various sources third party as well as the HMRC website that there isn't a deadline for Ltd companies below the VAT threshold. In addition to other exemptions such as those who have religious objections etc.

Can't help with the deadline but why not get a business bank account that offers a free subscription to Freeagent and you can do all your stuff in that. It's pretty good you know. Easily handles the split between two types of works and all sorts.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

if your turnover is below the VAT threshold why are registered?

You do need to switch to MTD though. This has been a thing for quite a few years now. FreeAgent will do it. You can also get packages that plug into Excel, but as you get FreeAgent free with most Natwest business accounts (including Starling) I'd use that.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Mandatory for your first VAT period starting on or after 1 April 2022

Comment

Working...
        X