• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company expenses ideas for excess funds

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company expenses ideas for excess funds

Hi, I’m running a contracting business and luckily this year depite maxing out pension contributions , and base rate dividend/salary I will have excess of 18k in the business.
    I can buy laptop or 2 but wondering if there’s better way to spend *before* paying corporation tax?

can I, say, lease a shop for that money or buy business or would such invested money would have to come after CT?
    any other ideas ?

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post
    Hi, I’m running a contracting business and luckily this year depite maxing out pension contributions , and base rate dividend/salary I will have excess of 18k in the business.
    I can buy laptop or 2 but wondering if there’s better way to spend *before* paying corporation tax?

can I, say, lease a shop for that money or buy business or would such invested money would have to come after CT?
    any other ideas ?
    Get an accountant

If you have an accountant, ask them

But most people keep the money for a rainy day and eventual retirement.

After all why do you need 2 laptops and do you actually need a new one.

Now if it was £50k and you wanted a new car - buying an electric company car is a great deal
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tesla is what my accountant recommended, I’m wondering if combined experience of this forum have some more good ideas

Comment

any other ideas ?
        18k? That isn't going to keep you going for very long. Add it to your warchest.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Would be 13.5k because of CT of 25% very soon

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

This. 18k can get swallowed up in no time when you've a 6 month stint on the bench. You need 6 months + of full pay in the bank ready for the worst.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

This. 18k can get swallowed up in no time when you've a 6 month stint on the bench. You need 6 months + of full pay in the bank ready for the worst.
              I don’t need warchest.

how do I spend 18k before paying CT . Any clever tricks aside from buying Tesla ?
              I’m tied to PCP for another 2 years

Comment

Have you considered creating an overseas shell company, selling the IP of all your work to it and then paying it a hefty license fee for use of said IP? That'll get your CT bill down nicely.

Comment

Would be 13.5k because of CT of 25% very soon
                  Eh? You're making absolutely no sense. I seriously hope you have an accountant...

Comment

I don’t need warchest.

how do I spend 18k before paying CT . Any clever tricks aside from buying Tesla ?
                    I’m tied to PCP for another 2 years
                    I can sell you some consultancy services for £18k if you like

Comment

Working...
                    X