• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company expenses ideas for excess funds

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Around about now?

Same genre as NowPermOutsideUK, "how can I avoid paying any tax?" nonsense.
    Tax planning is not a nonsense and fully legal

learn the difference
    https://bbcincorp.com/resources/diff...d-tax-planning

this isn’t going anywhere aside from being flame target
    /thread
    Last edited by GitMaster69; 2 November 2021, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by GitMaster69 View Post

Tax planning is not a nonsense and fully legal

learn the fing difference https://bbcincorp.com/resources/diff...d-tax-planning
      But you aren't asking about tax planning - your original question was - What can I spend money to reduce my profits?

And that has nothing to do with planning and everything to do with not thinking straight.

As numerous people have pointed out on here - the first thing you need to do as a contractor is have some money available in case you don't have any work for a while

Once you've got a year or so of money saved up - that is the point you may wish to try and be clever £18,000 isn't enough.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

But you aren't asking about tax planning - your original question was - What can I spend money to reduce my profits?

And that has nothing to do with planning and everything to do with not thinking straight.

As numerous people have pointed out on here - the first thing you need to do as a contractor is have some money available in case you don't have any work for a while

Once you've got a year or so of money saved up - that is the point you may wish to try and be clever £18,000 isn't enough.
        Ok I’ll treat that as an apology.

I’ll give you an example, I spoke with financial planner and he gave me this:
        once drawn from the company as a salary you can invest in VC and offset part of the employment tax as a “reward”. Can’t remember specific tax reward but I think it’s 30% of the tax paid

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/venture-...-for-investors

that’s an actual advice, not “buy 15k worth of wine” or have a warchest that I already have.

if you’re saying 18k is not enough to be utilised then how much is ? Note I could not put 40k into pension , which would make it 58k

Last edited by GitMaster69; 2 November 2021, 19:01.

Comment

I wouldn’t treat as an apology because it wasn’t.

And since the answer is basically add it to your warchest - thread closed.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X