• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know what's going on at SJD?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what's going on at SJD?

I've been waiting six months now for closure accounts, and of late things have gone very quiet. They don't answer phones, and email responses are either terse or non-existent.

Meanwhile my money is stuck in the company.

I'm tempted to look at the option of using another accountant to draw up the final accounts, but I doubt that will go any faster given they'll be dependent on SJD transferring data. Tearing my hair out at this point!

You could try spamming them on social media:

https://twitter.com/SJDAccountancy

They will probably only take notice when your bad feedback is visible and, even then, perhaps not.

As an aside, this is why you should never consider an accountant that doesn't operate easily transferrable accounts, like FreeAgent.

Comment

Just an anecdote, but SJD for me is pretty much the same as it's always been for the last 15 years. I occasionally talk to my latest accountant , about every year I get an email saying my old guy is leaving and then an email from the new guy and they seem to do what's needed. Granted I haven't had any activity with my company for a while. At least for me they answer emails.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
        Just an anecdote, but SJD for me is pretty much the same as it's always been for the last 15 years. I occasionally talk to my latest accountant , about every year I get an email saying my old guy is leaving and then an email from the new guy and they seem to do what's needed. Granted I haven't had any activity with my company for a while. At least for me they answer emails.
        And I binned them because after 15 years of goo d service they closed the local office and moved everything to London, I had no idea who my accountant was, they cocked up my year end and when I left they didn't stop the RTI reports to HMRC who then thought I was earning twice as much as I actually was.

Couldn't even be arsed to apologise for landing me with a series of default penalties from HMRC and were still emailing things about "my" appointed accountant's holiday plans six months later, meaning they'd kept all my personal details. Complete waste of time and money AFAIC...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Same thing that's been going on for the last 5 years +. Surely this isn't the first time you've had issues with their service in all this time is it?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm with SJD too. The company is dormant but the fees have kept from £40 to £72.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgpg View Post
              I'm with SJD too. The company is dormant but the fees have kept from £40 to £72.
              Ouch! That's a lot. Is it truely dormant i.e. you've applied for it or is it just not trading. Big difference.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Good question. Not traded for 3 years (PAYE) so I assumed it was dormant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgpg View Post
                  Good question. Not traded for 3 years (PAYE) so I assumed it was dormant.
                  Never assume anything. You are being robbed I reckon. Close the company down and if you ever need one again, it takes about 5 minutes on Companies House website to register a new company.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Took me four months after ending my relationship with SJD to get everything sorted, (plus the notice that I gave them which was about 6 weeks in stead of the required 4 weeks) daily chasing from me and my new accountant. They have become a complete mess several years ago

Comment

Working...
                    X