• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC chasing my closed Ltd for Class 1 NI that should've been sent from umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Actually it looks like a scam

SCAM HMRC LETTER - WARNING | David Beckman & Co Ltd

Only revealed by checking the number...

I take it the companies registered address is where the letter went to?

See also

Who Called Me from 03002003819? | UK Free Reverse Phone Lookup (unknownphone.com)

It was sent to the trading address (HMRC have previously sent mail here too).
    It wasn't sent to the Registered Office - which is my accountant

Comment

"Specified charges" is HMRC PAYE speak for "guesses".

Comment

Originally posted by PTP View Post

It was sent to the trading address (HMRC have previously sent mail here too).
        It wasn't sent to the Registered Office - which is my accountant
        So are the payroll details on the letter correct or does it differ?

You options here are to find an hmrc number (not the one on the letter and ring it, that used to be easy when they used local physical
        offices) or something similar. The issue is something really doesn't add up here and so it's the question of is this a scam or is it a screw up (that seems unlikely given that the agency doesn't have your old details).
        Last edited by eek; 20 September 2021, 11:06.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So are the payroll details on the letter correct or does it differ?

You options here are to find an hmrc number (not the one on the letter and ring it, that used to be easy when they used local physical
          offices) or something similar. The issue is something really doesn't add up here and so it's the question of is this a scam or is it a screw up (that seems unlikely given that the agency doesn't have your old details).
          It's the correct Payroll Reference

Comment

See also

Who Called Me from 03002003819? | UK Free Reverse Phone Lookup (unknownphone.com) which has an email address to foreward the letter to...
            Nice one, eek.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

See also

Who Called Me from 03002003819? | UK Free Reverse Phone Lookup (unknownphone.com) which has an email address to foreward the letter to...
              Yep, totally agree. Have a look here...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If you do want to speak to HMRC start at 0300 200 3200 (HMRC Employer helpline) - for things like this (which is either a scam or a screw up by them) they really won't bite.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

How did the scammers get the right payroll reference though? Is that published somewhere?

Comment

Looking at the letter it appears payroll for these periods was not submitted by your accountant and PAYE scheme is still active. I would just forward this letter to the accountant and ask them to do the submission and close the scheme.

Comment

Thanks Eek for all your help in this.

I've already got a phone call booked with my old-accountant this afternoon. I'll see what they say about any checks they've done / experiences they've had with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X