• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible Misrepresentation ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say, I really think there is a danger of this person's attitude making him/her un-hireable. I have had conversations myself about candidates who apply for roles I have recruited, but the agents won't put them forward because their reputation precedes them. And it doesn't take long before word gets round.

That, I think is the biggest issue this person has on the evidence here. The attitude and apparent sense of entitlement has to disappear. And fast.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Ok, lesson learned and like you say this is the life of contracting. And yes least I have got 5 weeks work out of it. I did get offered another role yes (not just send my CV). I will work out my notice and get paid for the last 2 days.

Lesson learnt really as I applied for the role online. The agency phoned a week later, the client manager phoned me on the the Friday and had a 5 minute chat. I only took the role because it was a better rate and better location. However my gut feeling was it was too good to be true. (What could she possibly learn from a 5 minute chat). So partly my fault for taking it. Will be a bit more careful looking for my next role. Thanks for your opinions!

Comment

Bottom line when you arrive on a job that isnt as advertised \ sold to you is you have two choices: Either make it clear this isnt the role you signed for, serve notice and leave as professionally as soon as possible or, be professional, do whatever you're tasked with, dont come the big I am and leave at the end of the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ukmercenary View Post
          Ok, lesson learned and like you say this is the life of contracting. And yes least I have got 5 weeks work out of it. I did get offered another role yes (not just send my CV). I will work out my notice and get paid for the last 2 days.

Lesson learnt really as I applied for the role online. The agency phoned a week later, the client manager phoned me on the the Friday and had a 5 minute chat. I only took the role because it was a better rate and better location. However my gut feeling was it was too good to be true. (What could she possibly learn from a 5 minute chat). So partly my fault for taking it. Will be a bit more careful looking for my next role. Thanks for your opinions!
          The big mistake here is that you didn't interview the client. When contracting interviews are two way. They want to know if you've got the skills but you've also got to ask about the work needed to get a feel for the role. I've ducked a role that sounded great based on feedback from the client. Sounded great in the spec but the work required by the client was very different. It sounds like if you'd asked about the role the manager would have explained it to you and you could have made the decision without all this carry on.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X