• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice required, working from UK for IE Public Sector, where is VAT paid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice required, working from UK for IE Public Sector, where is VAT paid?

I cannot find exact information that matches a situation I might find myself in and I am hoping someone on this forum can help me.

I contract through a UK limited company and reside / work in the UK. I have been approached by an agency in the Republic of Ireland about a contract there for a public sector department. All work will be carried out at my home office and I will never be required to set foot on Irish soil. I will access their systems remotely.

From what I gather because both the agency and client are oversees the Off-payroll burden would fall on my company if the contract is deemed Inside IR35 (I am having the contract vetted by a law firm right now)... and this is in hand.

What I am unsure about is VAT and NIC/PAYE payments.
    (1) I assume I will pay NIC/PAYE to HMRC in the UK... but I am not 100% sure... can someone confirm this?
    (2) How does VAT work in this case? My company is VAT registered in the UK, and I normally add VAT to invoices. But in this case will I charge VAT at all, if so is it UK VAT / or IE VAT, or do I reverse charge the VAT (there is an option for that in my accounting software), does anyone on this forum have any experience that might help me here?

Thanks in advance.

There are dozens of threads already on this. The search function isn't brilliant. But that's where you should start.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      There are dozens of threads already on this. The search function isn't brilliant. But that's where you should start.
      The search button sucks donkey balls. He needs the Google search method. It's covered here.
      https://forums.contractoruk.com/welc...uk-forums.html

But in a nutshell type <keyword/s> site:forums.contractoruk.com in google.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

The search button sucks donkey balls. He needs the Google search method. It's covered here.
        https://forums.contractoruk.com/welc...uk-forums.html

But in a nutshell type site:forums.contractoruk.com in google.
        I'm not sure why the search button isn't replaced by a link to Google with the site filled in already. One for NickFitz I guess.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You reverse charge the vat meaning you don't add it to your invoice but add in a statement able recent charging under the relevant EU directive.
          Report the vat-less sales figures on your vat return but there's no need to submit the EC vat sales form anymore

Comment

Working...
          X