• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Accountancy - Any representative here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD Accountancy - Any representative here?

Hey Guys!

I've been with SJD for over 10 years & am currently in the process of liquidating my company. I have been trying to get some queries clarified for over a month now. Sent 2 follow up emails , called and spoke to some one about 10 days ago and now every time i call i am going straight to voice mail. My emails are not answered and there is no way for me to reach them and i am feeling desperate.

This is sort of last resorts for me to post here and see if i can reach some one.

Thanks!

I have the same issue. No email reply even after several follow ups. His phone didn't answer. Went on the main phone line yesterday and no answer after 1.5h. I'm now trying to contact the directors via LinkedIn. Nothing yet...

Comment

Originally posted by mekondelta View Post
      I have the same issue. No email reply even after several follow ups. His phone didn't answer. Went on the main phone line yesterday and no answer after 1.5h. I'm now trying to contact the directors via LinkedIn. Nothing yet...

Doesn't bode well. Atleast i can discard my tin foil hat regarding them blacklisting my number or something. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Just checked their twitter https://twitter.com/SJDAccountancy/with_replies , it looks like everyone is facing the same issue.

At this point any one looking for an accountant should be weary and look elsewhere.
        Last edited by helloW0rld; 17 August 2021, 10:46.

Comment

We've been advising people to move from SJD for years now. Endless threads on the poor quality and high price since Simon sold. Quite a few about the insolvency as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sjd+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by helloW0rld View Post
            Just checked their twitter https://twitter.com/SJDAccountancy/with_replies , it looks like everyone is facing the same issue.

At this point any one looking for an accountant should be weary and look elsewhere.
            To be fair, there was a grand exodus of teed off clients a few years back, including me. Looks like that and the widespread move to umbrellas has killed them off. Or their corporate owners have decided they're not worth keeping alive.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yikes, this one is on me, should have kept up-to-date. Some one finally got in touch and tweeting them helped.

Comment

Time to get off their books and Nixon Williams' if anyone is still using either.
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

I don't understand some companies - accounts are generally pretty straightforward but customer service is the difference and (via retention and rewarding of staff)should be a given to keep and get new clients.

Comment

Originally posted by helloW0rld View Post
                    Yikes, this one is on me, should have kept up-to-date. Some one finally got in touch and tweeting them helped.
                    By getting in touch do you mean the accountant actually replied or just that someone who monitors Twitter/Facebook Messenger replied? I had a reply from Facebook Messenger saying they'd get a message to the accountant and raise it with the senior team but nothing since...

Comment

Working...
                    X