• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing company down with bounce back loan (possible a mis selling scandal)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    This has been a right laugh of a thread to catch up on. We haven't had one like this in ages.

Such a shame NF hasn't fixed thread moving yet (or has he?)

If he hasn't he can jolly well re-create the thread in General and type all the responses out reply by reply
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeus tiktak View Post
      yes a "prat", an "idiot" that is trying to help thousands of business owners with no money and huge BBL liability.

no one let their business go bust, covid did that! 100% guarantee was a blatant lie to some, some people were panicked into taking these. the amount of emails i'm getting with people saying this is amazing, and justifies the existence of this thread.
      How come you are getting a load of 'amazing' emails yet not one single person on two forums have agreed. There are always some sheep out there that don't have a clue and will jump on I guess.

Comment

i'll update the thread once HMRC publish write off figures. until then lets hope people read this thread fully, and if applicable, challenge lender, hmrc and debt collector until it gets written off.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          OP, why don't you furnish us with the exact details of your situation. What lead you to take the loan, what you did with it, why did you need to shut the company and default on the loan?

Things are only mis-sold if they were given in a situation they shouldn't have been. Maybe if you tell us why you took it and why you ended up closing the LTD we might understand a little better.
          Yes I would quite like to know what he spunked the dosh on. Charlie or hookers. My guess is charlie.
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

over 400 people have emailed me over the multiple forums stating they believe the BBL were mis sold and they will be challenging the lender to claim on the gov guarantee. My story seems to have given quite a lot of people hope which is great. I dont care what the business owners have spent their money on, who are we to judge.

lets just leave it to HMRC to decide if they will write these off.

Comment

I think this guy is trolling. No way somebody can be this stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
                I think this guy is trolling. No way somebody can be this stupid.
                As we've learned from gricer, those two things can both be true.

Comment

lets just leave it to hmrc to decide if they will write these off.
                  it's got nothing to do with hmrc!!!!!!
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

the average person does not understand how the process works, and this is the reason why you guys fail to understand why someone can believe they were mis sold BBL.

if the business doesn't pay the lender, the lender will eventually call in the debt management company. if the business does not pay the debt management company, the lender has no choice but to claim off the government. the government at this point either decides to pay the lender on the 100 guarantee or contest it the ds01 and not allow the company to dissolve. my case has proven, the gov will allow the debt to be written off and company to be dissolved. dont let other users on this forum tell you what can or cannot be done.

PPI and the loan charge scandals has shown when the small businesses come together they can take on HMRC quite easily.

Comment

the average person does not understand how the process works, and this is the reason why you guys fail to understand why someone can believe they were mis sold BBL.
                      The less than average think that the BBL is a grant. How can you be mis-sold a BBL when you aren't buying anything?

PPI and the loan charge scandals has shown when the small businesses come together they can take on HMRC quite easily.
                      What does PPI have to do with small businesses?
                      What does PPI have to do with Loan charge?
                      What does HMRC have to do with PPI?

There maybe links here and there and something worthy of a discussion but put like that it's just a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X