• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I/We really need Public Liability Insurance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Ah..fair enough. As with everything, the devil is in the policy detail.

Comment

I hesitate to offer this as serious advice, but I have been known to tell agents that as soon as I have paid my insurance renewal, I will forward the details onto them. They never ask after the event and I guess over the years, I saved a lot of money by not paying insurances that I was 99.99% certain would never be required in the real world.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        I hesitate to offer this as serious advice, but I have been known to tell agents that as soon as I have paid my insurance renewal, I will forward the details onto them. They never ask after the event and I guess over the years, I saved a lot of money by not paying insurances that I was 99.99% certain would never be required in the real world.
        That's true but what if you needed it in that 0.01% chance? I've paid car, house and life insurance for a combined total of 100 years and never needed it. Should I cancel them. But that said, I can't not agree, chance of PL or PI being clamed is nil but why risk breach of contract for less than 100 quid?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          most agencies I've worked with have a compliance department who chase you when the insurance you've shown them expires.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

most agencies I've worked with have a compliance department who chase you when the insurance you've shown them expires.
            And when I have told them I will send the details on once I have renewed, that's the last I heard about it. In any case, I can't say I recommend this action to everyone, but I have done it in the past and saved myself quite a bit of money.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

But some do not.

I only have public liability insurance if I know or I am actually working in an office block or complex with shared toilets, shared kitchens or whatever shared facilities.

If the office building is fully rented out or owned by the client company then I let my policy lapse.

(Oh and you can find this out if you interview at the actual premises or do a search online for where client company offices are based.)
              Last edited by SueEllen; 2 June 2021, 08:27.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
              X