• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SEISS? Anyone claimed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEISS? Anyone claimed?

As per title, really. I'm contemplating it if it's viable as I have only had about three months of actual work this FY year. Only paper it's way down from the previous FY.

Claim the full amount?

Thoughts?

Are you self employed (in the tax sense. ie, on your self-assesssment)? If so, yes, and meet hte other eligibility criteria, you can claim it?

If not (eg, you work via Ltd), then you're not self-employed as far as the SEISS goes.

Most here are via Ltd. Based on your other posts, you are too so are not eligible.
    Last edited by Paralytic; 5 March 2021, 08:18.

Comment

details are all here.

Self-Employment Income Support Scheme fourth grant - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

The self-employed or partners are eligible. Not company directors.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ApeShape View Post
        As per title,

Thoughts?
        Answer is also in the title .

Last edited by Contractor UK; 31 May 2021, 16:36.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yep Ltd rather than 'self employeed' ugh.

I just feel yet again shafted like so many other Ltd directors with this 'budget' My piddly £700 per month and a diminishing war chest.

Comment

I just feel yet again shafted like so many other Ltd directors with this 'budget' My piddly £700 per month and a diminishing war chest.
            you accepted risks when you incorporated. You're a business owner. You expect to be treated like one for tax purposes. This is just an unfortunate, and unexpected outcome. Thing is, this government only protects businesses their chums own.
            Think yourself lucky you don't run a pub.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I think a scheme for small businesses could have been thought up but the BBL was the only real offering.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I think a scheme for small businesses could have been thought up but the BBL was the only real offering.
                And the grants. You had to have business premises for that but it was free cash.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

you accepted risks when you incorporated. You're a business owner. You expect to be treated like one for tax purposes. This is just an unfortunate, and unexpected outcome. Thing is, this government only protects businesses their chums own.
                  Think yourself lucky you don't run a pub.
                  If he doesn't know he's not self employed I think he's no idea what he accepted and why. It certainly wasn't be a business owner cause he things hes' SE.
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 5 March 2021, 23:51.

Comment

Must be doubly hard for you as you get glum when LTD's get hammered and double glum when the self employed gets reamed.

EDIT: Thrice bummed as you probably think you are employed by your LTD as well
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 5 March 2021, 23:51.

Comment

Working...
                    X