• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exact time to file annual accounts and a confirmation - when

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exact time to file annual accounts and a confirmation - when

Hello everybody!

I'm approaching the time when I'll have to file for the first time annual accounts and a confirmation statements for Companies House via WebFiling service. I just to to make sure when would be the due date for all of that. Though it's written in WebFiling, but it's not very intuitive to me. I registered my limited company on June 22, 2020. What I see in Webfiling is this:

First accounts made up to

30 June 2021 due by
    22 March 2022

AND ALSO THIS:

Confirmation Statement Date
    21 June 2021
    Next Statement to be Filed by
    5 July 2021
    Your payment period is from 22 June 2020 to 21 June 2021

So the way I understand this is that I have to file my first account after June 30, 2021 till March 22, 2022, correct? And the statement should be filed after June 21, 2021 till July 5, 2021, right?

I'm guessing you don't have an accountant. Perhaps you should consider engaging one. What else don't you know you don't know?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Do I really need to pay a contractor accountant?

What taxes will I have to pay?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And because I'm bored...

File your company's annual accounts with Company's House

You can even do it with your accounting software

(You DO have accounting software, don't you?)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory1987 View Post

First accounts made up to

30 June 2021 due by
          22 March 2022

AND ALSO THIS:

21 June 2021
          5 July 2021

So the way I understand this is that I have to file my first account after June 30, 2021 till March 22, 2022, correct?
          This only applies to your first year since incorporation. You will have incorporated your company on 22 June 2020. This means you need to prepare accounts for the 12 months from that date and then take it too the end of that month i.e. 30 June 2021. Separately, the actual filing deadline for the 30 June 2021 accounts is 21 months after the incorporation date i.e. 22 March 2022.

Subsequent accounting year ends (unless you extend or shorten it) will always be 30 June. You'll then have 9 months from your year end date to make the submission to Companies House. Additionally, you have 9 months and 1 day from the end of the chargeable corporation tax period end in which to make the payment to HMRC for corporation tax. You have 12 months from the end of the chargeable period to file your corporation tax return (CT600) to HMRC too.

So, lets assume you started trading from day 1 (22 June 2020). Your company accounts will be made up for the period 22 June 2020 - 30 June 2021. You have until 22 March 2022 to file these with Companies House.

Your corporation tax return will be made up for the period 22 June 2020 - 21 June 2021 and then a second corporation tax return for the period 22 June 2021 - 30 June 2021. You'll have until 22 March 2022 to pay corporation tax for the period 22 June 2020 - 21 June 2021 and until 1 April 2022 to pay corporation tax for the period 22 June 2021 - 30 June 2021. You will also have until 21 June 2022 and 30 June 2022 to respectively file the company accounts and CT600 to HMRC.

For your second year in the company i.e. year ending 30 June 2022, it becomes much more simple. You'll have a deadline to file those accounts at companies house by 31 March 2023, 1 April 2023 to pay corporation tax and 30 June 2023 to file the accounts and CT600 with HMRC. In reality, you should have everything done and dusted by the filing deadline to Companies House.

21 June 2021
          5 July 2021

....And the statement should be filed after June 21, 2021 till July 5, 2021, right?
          You'll have to wait until at least 21 June 2021 before you can file the confirmation statement. You then have until 5 July 2021 (2 week period) to make that submission via webfiling. It'll cost you £13 paid direct to Companies House.

Comment

You might get an answer to an issue you know about but won't help with future issues and the stuff you don't know.

Get an accountant.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help! The thing is... right now the company is still inactive, so there's no really a point to hire an accountant. I don't have UTR for HMRC to make company dormant in order to avoid filing CT600 for a time being... I did send an online request for them to re-send me by post UTR. So I'm waiting for the letter to arrive.

Comment

You need either an accountant or a lot more time spent reading and understanding the user guides such as those listed on the right of the page.

For the third time, there is obviously a huge amount you either don't know or don't understand. That is not a good place to be.

HTH
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  You need either an accountant or a lot more time spent reading and understanding the user guides such as those listed on the right of the page.

For the third time, there is obviously a huge amount you either don't know or don't understand. That is not a good place to be.

HTH
                  Craig@Clarity has explained everything in details. Enough to know for now... I'll hire a British accountant once my startup gets its investments. Hopefully...

Comment

Craig@Clarity has explained everything in details. Enough to know for now... I'll hire a British accountant once my startup gets its investments. Hopefully...
                    OK, good luck then. It will be too late of course, but it's your business.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X