• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Filing of corporation tax and cessation accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing of corporation tax and cessation accounts

I have, after quite a bit of "fighting", managed to get everything ready for an MVL.

The only things that are missing are the final accounts and the corporation tax calculation.

I've called my accountants today and they said that the software they use for the accounts is not working at the moment and they can't do anything until it gets fixed.

What software may they be talking about? Before I put some more pressure on them, can you see any way to work around whatever blocker they have?

Originally posted by bcontractor View Post
    I have, after quite a bit of "fighting", managed to get everything ready for an MVL.

The only things that are missing are the final accounts and the corporation tax calculation.

I've called my accountants today and they said that the software they use for the accounts is not working at the moment and they can't do anything until it gets fixed.

What software may they be talking about? Before I put some more pressure on them, can you see any way to work around whatever blocker they have?
    Here is an idea. Bloody ask them. If you need it you drill them for as much information as you can then do it. You are a customer. You wanna know what's wrong with it and when will it be done. Not unreasonable questions. Why are you letting them fob you off to the point you have to come and ask a set of random people on the net. How are we supposed to know what software your accountant is using?

My money is on they are taking the piss out of you because you are such an easy touch. They are busy and don't wanna deal with it at the moment. If that's the case then go back and dig hard.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

how on earth are we going to know that???

It's probably just a delaying tactic anyway. They're either too busy, or just want to delay to get more monthly payments from you.
      Maybe the software is down. You have your own copy of the books don't you?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

What software may they be talking about?
        MS Money 95.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          MS Money 95.
          Simon Dolan's spreadsheet

Comment

It can be done directly through the HMRC portal if you have simple accounts.
            Last edited by metallo; 20 February 2021, 08:49.

Comment

Working...
            X