• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I borrow £100k from my limited company just for a few days?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I borrow £100k from my limited company just for a few days?

I have a temporary cash crunch situation. I need to pay for something while I wait for my funds settle. They are likely to clear later next week. Is it okay to borrow £100k from my limited company just for a few days and pay it back next week?

Originally posted by Code View Post
    I have a temporary cash crunch situation. I need to pay for something while I wait for my funds settle. They are likely to clear later next week. Is it okay to borrow £100k from my limited company just for a few days and pay it back next week?
    Of course. This is basic stuff that your accountant can advise on too.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Of course. This is basic stuff that your accountant can advise on too.
      Unfortunately, my accountant is unavailable for the next two weeks due to a personal emergency.

Comment

Yes but you should probably document a loan of that size and also charge yourself daily interest at the HMRC listed rates to avoid a BIK charge.

It goes without saying that you should familiarise yourself with the risks of not repaying it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          Yes but you should probably document a loan of that size and also charge yourself daily interest at the HMRC listed rates to avoid a BIK charge.

It goes without saying that you should familiarise yourself with the risks of not repaying it.
          Thank you.

Am I ok if I pay daily interest (at HMRC listed rates) into the company bank account for the period ?
          As I said it'll be only for a few days. I will be repaying it all in a week.

Comment

Thank you.

Am I ok if I pay daily interest (at HMRC listed rates) into the company bank account for the period ?
            Take it out, use it, repay it, end off

You might have daily limit on your business account will be you only issue

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Thank you.

let your accountant handle the details when he's back.
              No need for it be done now.

But in short. Yes. You pay any interest to the company, so it goes into the company back account.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

And the interest is income that you can then withdraw at a later date

(subject to taxes and proper process being followed)

Comment

Thank you.

Just accrue the interest as additional debits to the director loan account (credit income) and repay the total at the end. The interest will be taxable income for the company.

Comment

Thanks a TON people!

Comment

Working...
                    X