• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MODIS International - UK Contact details?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modis, there's a blast from the past.

My very first gig was through them in 2005. £150 a day, I thought I was rich!

I still have the phone number of the agent who managed my contract. Unlikely its still operational...

Being a bit of a saddo, I have a file that lists every client, contract dates, agency and agent details. I send it out when pimps ask for a reference.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Modis, there's a blast from the past.

My very first gig was through them in 2005. £150 a day, I thought I was rich!

I still have the phone number of the agent who managed my contract. Unlikely its still operational...

Being a bit of a saddo, I have a file that lists every client, contract dates, agency and agent details. I send it out when pimps ask for a reference.
      Back in 2000 I was working through Modis at Goldmine Sachs. I was 2nd person in on the "40 hour interview".

My agent said some weird stuff. My BS metre was ticking - I could not work out why.

So I spoke to HR and asked what rate they were paying Modis and to compare against what I was getting.

Modis were taking 27% as opposed to the 12% they should be taking.

After major arguments(GS threatening to sack Modis globally) around 40 contractors(including myself) got a 15% pay rise.

And not one ever thanked me....

Comment

Thank you BrilloPad!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          BMy BS metre was ticking - .
          meter
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Back in 2000 I was working through Modis at Goldmine Sachs. I was 2nd person in on the "40 hour interview".

My agent said some weird stuff. My BS metre was ticking - I could not work out why.

So I spoke to HR and asked what rate they were paying Modis and to compare against what I was getting.

After major arguments(GS threatening to sack Modis globally) around 40 contractors(including myself) got a 15% pay rise.

We also had Modis at Jack Pot Machine (Jpm) right BP ?

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
              We also had Modis at Jack Pot Machine (Jpm) right BP ?
              This is true. But I don't have too many stories to tell about them.

Except for that support bloke who had so much stuff on his desk the cleaners made him remove it all after the mouse infestation.

And there was that dodgy support bloke recommending DTA.....

Comment

This is true. But I don't have too many stories to tell about them.

Except for that support bloke who had so much stuff on his desk the cleaners made him remove it all after the mouse infestation.

And there was that dodgy support bloke recommending DTA.....
                You joined a scheme because a first tier support bod suggested it
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  You joined a scheme because a first tier support bod suggested it
                  That was part of it. However he was not the only one. All contractors were doing it. It had been going 6 years since HMRC found out about it - they seemed quite happy.

Still at least I knew what I was signing up to. Unlike many folks with loans.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    meter
                    No, it's metre. He's the contracting equivalent of Gillian McKeith. He carries it to interviews in a Tupperware box and it vibrates when an agent is lying more than usual.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Passahhh

Funnily enough Modis were also my 1st ever agent (they had probably the most sexy agent lady I’ve ever seen in my entire life)

1st contract - Sony music 1999, PlayStations and free games - superb contact I was on £350 a day and living the good life, 3 month extension, 6 month extension, 9 month extension

Out for beers with the boss and he asked me what the agent cut was, I had no idea but said I was on £350 a day, boss swore and swore and swore

Said he was paying them £720 a day

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X