• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MODIS International - UK Contact details?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    funny at X bank and the covid-19 cleaners had to use two crates for my jackdaw desk !- wonder when I will see that again given wfh rollout !
    You did not find it so funny at the time!

Leave a comment:

• CanPayButWouldRatherNot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    This is true. But I don't have too many stories to tell about them.

Except for that support bloke who had so much stuff on his desk the cleaners made him remove it all after the mouse infestation.

And there was that dodgy support bloke recommending DTA.....

funny at X bank and the covid-19 cleaners had to use two crates for my jackdaw desk !- wonder when I will see that again given wfh rollout !

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Back in 2000 I was working through Modis at Goldmine Sachs. I was 2nd person in on the "40 hour interview".

My agent said some weird stuff. My BS metre was ticking - I could not work out why.

So I spoke to HR and asked what rate they were paying Modis and to compare against what I was getting.

Modis were taking 27% as opposed to the 12% they should be taking.

After major arguments(GS threatening to sack Modis globally) around 40 contractors(including myself) got a 15% pay rise.

And not one ever thanked me....
    Passahhh

Funnily enough Modis were also my 1st ever agent (they had probably the most sexy agent lady I’ve ever seen in my entire life)

1st contract - Sony music 1999, PlayStations and free games - superb contact I was on £350 a day and living the good life, 3 month extension, 6 month extension, 9 month extension

Out for beers with the boss and he asked me what the agent cut was, I had no idea but said I was on £350 a day, boss swore and swore and swore

Said he was paying them £720 a day

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    meter
    No, it's metre. He's the contracting equivalent of Gillian McKeith. He carries it to interviews in a Tupperware box and it vibrates when an agent is lying more than usual.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    You joined a scheme because a first tier support bod suggested it
    That was part of it. However he was not the only one. All contractors were doing it. It had been going 6 years since HMRC found out about it - they seemed quite happy.

Still at least I knew what I was signing up to. Unlike many folks with loans.....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Except for that support bloke who had so much stuff on his desk the cleaners made him remove it all after the mouse infestation.

You joined a scheme because a first tier support bod suggested it

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    We also had Modis at Jack Pot Machine (Jpm) right BP ?

Leave a comment:

• CanPayButWouldRatherNot
    replied
    Back in 2000 I was working through Modis at Goldmine Sachs. I was 2nd person in on the "40 hour interview".

My agent said some weird stuff. My BS metre was ticking - I could not work out why.

So I spoke to HR and asked what rate they were paying Modis and to compare against what I was getting.

After major arguments(GS threatening to sack Modis globally) around 40 contractors(including myself) got a 15% pay rise.

We also had Modis at Jack Pot Machine (Jpm) right BP ?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    BMy BS metre was ticking - .
    meter

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Thank you BrilloPad!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Modis, there's a blast from the past.

My very first gig was through them in 2005. £150 a day, I thought I was rich!

I still have the phone number of the agent who managed my contract. Unlikely its still operational...

Being a bit of a saddo, I have a file that lists every client, contract dates, agency and agent details. I send it out when pimps ask for a reference.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Modis, there's a blast from the past.

My very first gig was through them in 2005. £150 a day, I thought I was rich!

I still have the phone number of the agent who managed my contract. Unlikely its still operational...

Being a bit of a saddo, I have a file that lists every client, contract dates, agency and agent details. I send it out when pimps ask for a reference.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
    At least he didn't ask if you've checked with your accountant first!
    Which would likely spawn a whole new thread of how to do that....

Leave a comment:

• Amanensia
    replied
    At least he didn't ask if you've checked with your accountant first!

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by why View Post
    Yes I have, see my edited post. Its not difficult mate, the contact email is the same as 'info@' and nobody is replying since they will want to ignore. Try thinking before being condescending eh
    He doesn't often get the chance to look down on someone, so he does like to take full advantage.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X