• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Shuttle Bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know we're taking the piss a bit, but just one consideration that may prompt genuine caution: is it actually called the 'IR35 Shuttle Bus'?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      It's so easy to mock but I can completely understand that HMRC's approach to enforcing legislation that even they don't fully understand does lead people to second guess pretty much everything.

The bus is fine.
      I would agree. Given the increased hysteria regarding the recent and proposed changes to the way in which IR35 will be applied, it's quite understandable that individuals will try to clarify their position, even if it's in the smallest way.

There are too many on here who delight in mocking, which is part of the reason why I gave up posting here many years ago. However, I've returned primarily because these fora seem to be far more lively and informative than any other fora, but it's sad to see that there are still many here who delight in mocking others.

Everyone will have an area of special interest in their lives and will know more about the details of that interest than others might. No one can say that their knowledge is so full that they cannot learn anything more. I met a professor of IT in a university who didn't know some of the fundamentals of IT and recently a respected member of Cadw, who didn't know some well known facts about my local history.

So mocking someone who doesn't know the minutiae of detail about an issue is a sign of immaturity in my book.

It doesn't matter what the reality of speed cameras is, or what the police say the reality is, what matters is the public's perception of what the reality is, even if that perception might be wrong. My perception and that of many others, is that they are a revenue generating device.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
        I would agree. Given the increased hysteria regarding the recent and proposed changes to the way in which IR35 will be applied, it's quite understandable that individuals will try to clarify their position, even if it's in the smallest way.

There are too many on here who delight in mocking, which is part of the reason why I gave up posting here many years ago. However, I've returned primarily because these fora seem to be far more lively and informative than any other fora, but it's sad to see that there are still many here who delight in mocking others.

Everyone will have an area of special interest in their lives and will know more about the details of that interest than others might. No one can say that their knowledge is so full that they cannot learn anything more. I met a professor of IT in a university who didn't know some of the fundamentals of IT and recently a respected member of Cadw, who didn't know some well known facts about my local history.

So mocking someone who doesn't know the minutiae of detail about an issue is a sign of immaturity in my book.

It doesn't matter what the reality of speed cameras is, or what the police say the reality is, what matters is the public's perception of what the reality is, even if that perception might be wrong. My perception and that of many others, is that they are a revenue generating device.
        Inneresting.

Comment

An ill researched, lazy question is internet wide thing. It's not a phenomena of this forum alone. It's the way it's always been and it's the way it will always be.

It's actually called out in the Welcome/FAQ sections to warn newbies.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...e-newbies.html

So basically, we will help where we can but we dislike lazy posting. If you find the above steps too much of a hassle, you deserve all you get.
          Can't say fairer than that.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Inneresting.
            care to challenge me on what the IT professor didn't know?

Comment

care to challenge me on what the IT professor didn't know?
              I'm bored with you now. You've fallen into the 'to be mocked' category now.

Run along.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                I'm bored with you now. You've fallen into the 'to be mocked' category now.

Run along.
                others did in the past, but have had to eat their words now that events have changed.

Comment

others did in the past, but have had to eat their words now that events have changed.
                  Inneresting.

Comment

Ask yourself "would their plumber/electrician be able to avail themselves of it"

Works for a lot of situations. And in that one they'd say "if you can get to XYZ station just hop on one of our shuttle buses"

How many IR35 cases a year are we on, 20 for the whole country? 30?
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                      Ask yourself "would their plumber/electrician be able to avail themselves of it"

Works for a lot of situations. And in that one they'd say "if you can get to XYZ station just hop on one of our shuttle buses"

How many IR35 cases a year are we on, 20 for the whole country? 30?
                      "How many IR35 cases a year are we on, 20 for the whole country? 30?"

which is why HMRC have introduced the new rules as IR35 wasn't working as they intended. Those organisations which have been supping tea and eating biscuits with HMRC clearly didn't see this approach coming. Which is why HMRC must never be trusted and always be viewed with suspicion.

Comment

Working...
                      X