• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF - HSBC informed me by letter my business account is being shut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF - HSBC informed me by letter my business account is being shut

I've recently had to fill in a form to review my business with HSBC.

I have opened a letter now which informs me they have taken the decision to close my account, with no opportunity for review. No phonecall, no explanation just a big F U after just about a decade of by business.

Why on earth? I guess I just move all the funds and update future invoices but it still rankles to be treated so dismissively when I haven't done anything even slightly odd except pass hundreds of grand through their bank.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Are you perhaps not making them any money? One transaction a month, that sort of thing?
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I have opened a letter now which informs me they have taken the decision to close my account, with no opportunity for review. No phonecall, no explanation just a big F U after just about a decade of by business.

Why on earth? I guess I just move all the funds and update future invoices but it still rankles to be treated so dismissively when I haven't done anything even slightly odd except pass hundreds of grand through their bank.
      1 Have a read of: The deposit for our new home is stuck in solicitor’s HSBC account. https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...idApp_WhatsApp
      2 Open a new account etc.
      3 Hold a lifetime grudge.

Comment

So it's just one of those things?

Shame, I liked HSBC's platform. Does it mean there's no point ever applying for a new account with them in future?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So it's just one of those things?

Shame, I liked HSBC's platform. Does it mean there's no point ever applying for a new account with them in future?
          Where is your pride? It's grudge time.

Comment

Have you perhaps received money from, or made payments to, a non-EU country where HSBC doesn't have own presence? They tend to be quite sensitive to that.

Comment

Had exactly the same thing happen to me with HSBC, in the end it turned out to be a that one part of the form had not been filled in properly.

Their site was tulip, and the online form eventually showed me what was not valid about 2 weeks and 3 phone calls after they had confirmed by letter they were definitely shutting the account.

I would phone them and hopefully you will get it sorted.

On the basis of how shockingly they handled this, I was going to move banks but so far intertia has won...

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                Are you perhaps not making them any money? One transaction a month, that sort of thing?
                That's probably it....

Comment

Made any payments to CartelCo?
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Been there. Go back to the online form and see what you've missed. Might be paper evidence...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X