• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nimble Jack Accounting - Hardeep Mangat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Is anyone on this forum with this accounting company: Nimble Jack Accounting ?

They have have not been replying to my emails/calls for the past few weeks.

The (outsourced) reception desk advised last week that Nimble Jacks are under a "compliance investigation", however they would/could not provide any further info on this. They stated that they would pass on the my call details, but acknowledged its unlikely may call would be returned as many other clients are having the same issue...

The owner of this firm is Hardeep Mangat, who has taken some flack on this forum already due to his poor communications:
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...nts-1ca-2.html

They use FreeAgent, and I'm now looking for a new accountant. Apparently the migration should be possible without the cooperation from Nimble Jack... would like to know if anyone else is in this predicament ?

Originally posted by eizo View Post
    Hi,

Is anyone on this forum with this accounting company: Nimble Jack Accounting ?

They have have not been replying to my emails/calls for the past few weeks.

The (outsourced) reception desk advised last week that Nimble Jacks are under a "compliance investigation", however they would/could not provide any further info on this. They stated that they would pass on the my call details, but acknowledged its unlikely may call would be returned as many other clients are having the same issue...

The owner of this firm is Hardeep Mangat, who has taken some flack on this forum already due to his poor communications:
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...nts-1ca-2.html

They use FreeAgent, and I'm now looking for a new accountant. Apparently the migration should be possible without the cooperation from Nimble Jack... would like to know if anyone else is in this predicament ?
    As you have said it is very simple to switch your FreeAgent account from Nimble Jack, to another Accountancy firm and can be done via the support email address with your say so. You may still need to provide Nimble Jack with your notice, as they may have exit fees or a notice period, but you can check your terms and conditions.

Have a look around as there are many contractor Accountancy firms that support the use of FreeAgent

Comment

Just in case anything happens, I'd take a download of your data from FreeAgent, but the migration should be fairly simple and painless.

FreeAgent doesn't natively support download of attachments, so if you need them then you'll need an alternative method. There are some third party add-ons that do it for a fee (and there are some accountancy packages that could licence them, hint Darren ) and I think most do a free trial to get them now.

Probably not necessary, but if I was worried about my accountant then I'd make sure I had as much data myself just in case.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Freeagent

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Just in case anything happens, I'd take a download of your data from FreeAgent, but the migration should be fairly simple and painless.

FreeAgent doesn't natively support download of attachments, so if you need them then you'll need an alternative method. There are some third party add-ons that do it for a fee (and there are some accountancy packages that could licence them, hint Darren ) and I think most do a free trial to get them now.

Probably not necessary, but if I was worried about my accountant then I'd make sure I had as much data myself just in case.
        Thanks @Faqqer, completely agree with the comments as well.

Easy to shift with having a Freeagent account, couple of emails and you're ported over. Have you any paper records with them at all? Also, what's the state of play with your self assessment return, deadline rapidly approaching.

Comment

Yes, i'm up-to-date fortunately.

Appreciate the advice.

Comment

Who the hell would call their firm 'Nimble Jack Accounting'??

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
              https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/comm...oud-and-on-sky

The name "Nimble Jack" reflects how we work: we ensure the client is at the heart of everything we do and that we are nimble and quick; for example, we reply to all our emails the same day. I started the business 5 years ago and it has grown due to referrals from existing clients. The package we provide is straight forward, it includes everything - there are no extras - what you see on the tin is exactly what you get.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Someone with no grasp of irony given the original post.

Comment

Vernon Associates

Like others, Nimble Jack have left me in a complete pickle recently After receiving a reminder to file my Company Accounts before a looming deadline (which I thought had already been submitted) and a VAT return pending, I have not been able to contact anyone at Nimble Jack. Completely unresponsive.

This all happened the week before Christmas and I was faced with the impossible (and stressful) task of finding someone who could help and get my accounts in order in time.

To the rescue came Terry from Vernon Associates (based in Wokingham). If you're in the area I couldn't recommend them enough - incredibly diligent, timely and nothing has been too much trouble. I have them to thank for a stress free Christmas!

Comment

Erm Hardeep Mangat would.

Comment

Working...
                    X