• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nimble Jack Accounting - Hardeep Mangat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Contractor Accounting Ltd was sold to Hardeep Mangat in 2014, since then Churchill Knight or its directors have had no involvement in the business.

Bluebird was set up by the directors of Churchill Knight to meet the demand for FreeAgent based accountants. We do not hide from the fact that the directors of the two businesses are the same.

Offering services to those who need a new accountant is pretty standard business. There will be plenty of contractors who will be looking for a solution since their current accountant has disappeared. By offering to price match their existing packages we are simply trying to minimize the stress that their clients are going through.
    Last edited by Ciaran at Bluebird; 7 February 2018, 15:32.

Comment

Especially if they were already being fleeced by their old accountant.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tentwenty View Post
        I’m also with Nimble Jack and have been paying them a fairly substantial monthly direct debit, whilst they’vee been ignoring my emails. Where do I stand with this? Can they be reported to the ACCA? Has anyone done so?
        You surely can and should report Hardeep Mangat to the ACCA and send the REF number to HMRC to minimise any hefty penalties now and in the future should your LTD company ever get investigated. The ACCA are interested in these complains as the company is in breach of the ACCAs code of ethics namely; Professional competence and due care, Professional Behaviour, Integrity, Objectivity and Confidentiality.

Alot of the contractors have reported him to the ACCA and if I were you I would do the same.

The email address to report him is [email protected]

Comment

Report to acca

To everyone that has had a bad experience with Nimble Jack Accounting you need to report Harpdeep Mangat to the ACCA and give HMRC the REF number once you raise the complaint to minimise any hefty penalties you may face due to the negligence of Nimble Jack. Hardeep Mangat is clearly in breach of the ACCA's code of ethics as he has failed to align himself to the fundamental principles of ACCA namely; Integrity, Professional Competence and due care, Confidentiality and Professional behavior.

Nimble Jack is a scam as the company outsources its accounting function to accountants in India so they are not done in house. This obviously raises serious concerns on the integrity of the business which would explain why many of us have had our taxes calculated incorrectly. Having met up with Hardeep it is clear he was very confused about Tax rules and said he would get back to me with a whole bunch of Items I challenged him on which he obviously didn't come back to me on.
          Hardeep clearly is not aware of all tax implications nor is he a reliable professional adviser.

Nimble Jack's internet page claims a number it has a number of offices all over England. This is a lie to deceive customers into believing Nimble Jack is a national brand when in reality it is only a small business. In reality Nimble Jack's office is only located @ Unit 3.21, Q West, 110 Great West Road, Brentford TW8 0GP

All the employees have now walked out of the business as they were not paid and abused. This is why no one picks up the phone. Having managed to get hold of one of the employees offline it is clear Hardeep Mangat was abusing and threatening his staff.

My advice to everyone is to report Hardeep Mangat to the ACCA, The email address for complaints is [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by bclaudia View Post
            I'm in the same situation with them. I had to do my personal tax and VAT return myself. They also made sure they took the money via direct debit from my account.
            I can't reach them via phone and they don't answer emails.

You can get in touch with the Free Agent team and they will transfer the account do you so at least you keep the account and all the history.

At this point they're not providing me with any service but still taking the money every month. I will complain about them. If you want to do the same this link might help: Making a complaint about an ACCA Member | ACCA Global

I have been unfortunate as NJ was also doing my accounts. I have already reported Hardeep Mangat to the ACCA to save me from investigations by the HMRC now and in the future!!
            The email address for complaints is [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by S Singh View Post
              I have been unfortunate as NJ was also doing my accounts. I have already reported Hardeep Mangat to the ACCA to save me from investigations by the HMRC now and in the future!!
              The email address for complaints is [email protected]
              I am so glad I didnt go with him. He was recommended to me by a couple of people who know and use him.
              I tried calling him a few times, no answer. I then got a voicemail back (missed the call) with him saying "Sorry i dont answer numbers I dont know, but then i realised you are a referral, call me back!"
              That sent up red flag so decided to go elsewhere.
              I know the people who were with him have moved off sharpish.

Comment

I remember back in December 2017 reading a comment Hardeep Mangat wrote on the Nimble Jack Accounting Facebook page. He stated that he had to dismiss all the staff at NJ because of a matter confidential with the ACCA. This comment was a lie, this has since been deleted.

I have also come to find out that Hardeep Mangat harassed his staff members and did not pay them their wages. This resulted in all the staff members leaving. After his staff left, Hardeep then went on to harass them over text message and threaten to take legal action against them. Hardeep went even further by turning up to one of his employees’ houses, late night and harassed and threatened the employee and their family. This was over a laptop.

It seems to me that Hardeep Mangat is a bit of a bully.

I have also reported him to the ACCA.

Comment

Bluebird Accountancy use an 0808 phone number! Another one to avoid...

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
                    Do you not view judging an accountancy practice on their phone number as slightly pedantic?

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
                      Hi Craig,

The 0808 number is provided to us by our phone company, happy to provide you with our 01707 number if that would make you feel better.

Ciaran

Comment

Working...
                      X