• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ARD Accounting Reference Date

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARD Accounting Reference Date

I've got a new LTD company, thinking what is best year end. I know 31 March is conventional, but would 5 Apr be better? Is that allowed?

Often when submitting BTL mortgage applications in my personal name, the bank's find it confusing that the LTD company year end dates do not match the Personal tax year 6 Apr- 5 Apr following year. My other LTD company, which caused these confusions has a reference date of 31 Dec.

Originally posted by richy View Post
    I've got a new LTD company, thinking what is best year end. I know 31 March is conventional, but would 5 Apr be better? Is that allowed?

Often when submitting BTL mortgage applications in my personal name, the bank's find it confusing that the LTD company year end dates do not match the Personal tax year 6 Apr- 5 Apr following year. My other LTD company, which caused these confusions has a reference date of 31 Dec.
    Best take advice from your accountant.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just use 31st March - why make things complex...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Best take advice from your accountant.
        What's the point of being on an accounting forum if you don't want to discuss?

Comment

Your ARD shouldn't have any impact really, unless you have a particularly seasonal business (presume not?) but if you changed it to 31st March you could then make up your accounts to 5th April each year if you really wanted too.

If you are only thinking of doing it for bank purposes then personally I wouldn't bother.

Martin
          Contratax Ltd

Comment

What's the point of being on an accounting forum if you don't want to discuss?
            There's a difference between discussing and asking for advice every step of the way.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/sear...vBForum_Thread

Do you have an accountant or are you trying to do it all yourself?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mine is the anniversary of my formation, so 8 Jan. I've never felt the need to change it, it just means that one of my quarterly dividends falls in the personal tax year falls in the next accounting period.

Comment

There's a difference between discussing and asking for advice every step of the way.

The other thing that upsets people is where advice is given. Then the question changes due to further information!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                  Mine is the anniversary of my formation, so 8 Jan. I've never felt the need to change it, it just means that one of my quarterly dividends falls in the personal tax year falls in the next accounting period.
                  I re-started contracting on April 6th (2012). It seemed easier all round to use March 31st as the year end as it keeps things simple...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yes I have an accountant. I don't know everything. And I also discuss with my accountant.

Have you thought about ignoring forums if you're not keen on contributing?

Comment

Working...
                    X